Alaska3355 and DoxygirlBread Pudding Recipes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mini4Me, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Hey, Girls!
    I finally felt well enough to bake the bread pudding yesterday, and I decided to mix the two recipes to make my own recipe. It was a big success! Wow, was that ever the creamiest, richest bread pudding I've ever had! The butter and half and half from Doxygirl's recipe and the brown sugar from Alaska's recipe made the pudding heavenly!

Thanks so much. Hubby lovvvvved it too!
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Now's the time to ask hubby for that new outfit you've been eyeing...........
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

The receipe! I love bread pudding ...
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Tell us how you combined the two recipes......I may make it too!
  5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

1 loaf of french bread (crust removed and cut into 1" cubes)
    1/2 cup of raisins (soak in warm water and drain)
    1 pinch of nutmeg
    scant tsp. cinnamon
    1 stick of butter, melted
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 quart of half and half cream
    4 eggs, beaten

Fill 9x9x2 1/2 baking pan with bread cubes, sprinkle raisins on top, use enough bread to come to top of pan, you might not use whole loaf.

Whisk remaining ingredients together to make a batter, pour over top of bread and stir lightly, allow bread to soak 1/2 hour.

The pan will be very full.
    If you have excess batter discard...if there's not enough, add a little milk to the pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (it took mine an hour to bake at high altitude-we're at over 5,000 ft. here), until pudding is golden brown and puffed around edges, the center should be set but still a little soft. You can make this ahead of time and heat in microwave later.

The result was excellent!!

Thanks, girls!
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

a winner! I'll definitely have to try your recipe! Thanks!