Alcohol what happens to you after a couple drinks?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mindyandy420, May 17, 2008.

1. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

I have found out recently that I may be alcohol intolerant. Seems now when I have like 2 beers...I stand up and get dizzy. I have passed out before from standing up after 2 beers. I think I'm going to have to put the beers down now.

This is too bad. Anybody else?
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I get nasty sick just from half a glass of wine!
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i can drink one drink & feel so bad, dosent matter what, Beer, Liquor,Wine. it all does it.Since the cfids/ fibro kicked in i cant drink a thing:( i sure miss a beer or two every now & then, but i know if i do i'll feel like crud!!
    if i remember years ago i read that most of us are Alchol intolerant. just one more wierd think we deal with.
  4. pearls

pearls New Member

If you are taking any meds, I sure hope you are not also indulging in alcohol.

I miss my wine with dinner and my son's home brewed beer.

-Pearl
  5. annade

annade New Member

Today, was such a day. We had a pool/swim party at our house and of course I served my famous margaritas. Now I usually don't have one but today I decided to try 1/2 glass and within two hours I had a raging migraine, which is almost always what I get after drinking alcohol of any kind. SO I really need to stop and listen to my body before I just do what feels good. Difficult at times, but the aftermath is just nt worth it.

Deanna
  6. grace54

grace54 New Member

I get friendly and actually start liking people.:) Actually I can now drink again but couldn't just six months ago. It seems my system was way out of kilter but I seem to have my previous life back again,Gratefully!
  7. RatsWife

RatsWife New Member

Makes me sick but I was in such pain and felt so hopeless I drank a few cocktails anyway. For a couple of hours I felt nothing. Unlike others I don't have any doctors who prescribe to me for pain. Or anxiety. Okay, I'll stop because I am so messed up right now. Not from drinking alcohol -- that happened several weeks ago. I'm flaring from sun exposure...

{{{Gentle hugs}}}
  8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

It makes me hurt worse and it tears my stomach all to pieces. I miss it now and then, but I just cannot tolerate it anymore.
  9. mbofov

mbofov Member

I did become alcohol intolerant several years ago - one glass of wine would leave me feeling sick for an entire day, and 2 glasses would make me sick for 2 or 3 days. I also had chronic digestive problems.

About 5 years ago I did a major liver detox under the supervision of a chiropractor who does muscle testing. It seems I had chemical solvents in my liver from a job I had 30 years ago, plus other toxins.

The detox took a month, it was unpleasant, but my liver and digestion have been much better ever since. I also started taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid regularly with meals and milk thistle and this has helped enormously as well.

And I can now have a few glasses of wine without getting sick. I think symptoms of alcohol intolerance quite likely are an indication of a toxic liver - one that is overloaded with toxins that it can't deal with.

BTW, no liver enzyme abnormalities ever showed up on my blood tests and the regular docs were unable to help me at all with my chronic digestive difficulties.

If you do a liver detox, you should go very slowly. It seems our livers are able to store quite a large amount of toxins and if too many are released at once you can get quite sick.

Mary

10. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I could have just one drink and I will feel like crap for the whole day afterwards.

This is what it does to me.

Increased pain
    Increased fatigue
    The Shakes
    Heart palpitations (mild, but noticeable)
    Brain fog.

What a shame. This happens with any type of alcohol be it a mixed drink, beer or wine. I can not even enjoy one glass unless I know for sure I will not be doing ANYTHING the next day except for laying down. This alcohol intolerance had been going on now for about 10 years. Before that, I could tolerate two drinks, but even then it would affect me. Hugs Chelz
  11. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

I am not taking any meds. So I dont understand why this happens. I like most of you would love to sit down and have a nice cold beer. I dont feel pain or nausea. It does make me tired and blah oh and it makes me lightheaded and I feel like I'm going to pass out when I stand up too quickly.

12. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Last time I had champagne was 25 years ago. I tolerated booze in college and maybe 15 years after that.

Now ONE sip causes a migraine. I don't even smell the cork!
  13. 7xgrammy

7xgrammy New Member

After reading all about the problems with FMS and our attempts to add some normalcy to our lives, I find it unbelievable that anyone would consider using alcohol beverages in conjunction with prescriptions. I take nine different medications and seven have warning labels against using alcohol beverages.

We do have a choice here. We can take our medications acording to the directions or we can avoid the directions and get drunk or high or maybe dead.

7XGrammy
  14. nina_and_me

nina_and_me New Member

When I was in college (before fibro and meds), I drank mixed drinks in my dorm room every couple of weeks and tolerated it quite well. About five years after I graduated (still before fibro and meds), I could not take a sip of wine without getting lightheaded.

I used to drink once a year - on Thanksgiving with my family - one glass of wine with dinner, but it got to the point where I felt nauseated, dizzy, and miserable.

The last time I had a drink was 10 years ago. I was out with my boyfriend, and he got me a marguerita. I took 3 sips before I switched to water, but it put me to sleep for the night.

Now that I take fibro meds, AD's, anti-anxiety pills, and blood pressure pills, I wouldn't even think about mixing alcohol with those drugs. Virgin daquiris taste just as good to me, and no worries about drug/alcohol interactions.

nina
  15. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Nothing happens to me after a couple drinks. I have a high tolerance and can actually have maybe 5 beers before I even start feeling the effect.

I don't take pain meds and the meds I'm on don't contraindicate with alcohol.

I'm one of those opposite people. Give me a shot of Nyquil and I'm wired and ready to go! Same with Benadryl.
  16. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

Nyquil knocks me out. LOL Yeah I can usually handle 5 beers and still be fine and keep drinking. I'm not finding that I can do this anymore. I feel ok but I just cannot handle the fainting feeling upon standing. I do sometimes get this without drinking but I really really feel it whan I am drinking.
  17. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Are you on any medications that say you shouldn't drink alcohol?

I take lyrica and it says not to drink alcohol.

I have an occasional glass of wine or two and it doesn't bother me.