ALERT FOR WOMAN... NEW BREAST CANCER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolK, Jun 20, 2006.

1. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I RECEIVED THIS VIDEO TODAY AND WAS SURPRISED TO LEARN OF A DIFFERENT FORM OF WOMANS BREAST CANCER. I THINK IT IS OK TO POST THE WEB SITE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO ON...

INFLAMMITORY BREAST CANCER...IT DOES NOT SHOW UP IN A MAMMOGRAM!!!

http://ww3.komotv.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=785456&

HOPE YOU ALL CAN SEE THIS. CAROLK
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My friend had inflammatory BC, seven years ago. It is very rare and survival rates are low. Thank heaven, she had great doctors!

She is a miracle. Really. Statistic wise, she should not have made it. As my oncologist said to me, "It's not a doctor thing, but a God thing." How true for Kathy..

Women do need to be aware of how it starts and what it looks like. It is very different from other breast cancers.

Thanks for posting this CarolK! I hope others take the time to educate themselves.

Kim
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks for sharing this with us! By the way did you ever move to Spokane?
    I lived there and loved it!
    Rene
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hopefully, others will read!
  5. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

When I was being treated for breast cancer I befriended a woman who had inflammatory BC. We had lunch and got to know each other. She spoke of feeling hopeful that she could go on for "a while." Five weeks later, I heard that she was dead. It's very aggressive, thanks for reminding us of it. Diane
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

in the nation...marin county...they are trying to figure out why...

oh well..we just have to watch our boobies very well...

jodie
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For those with redaing problems. Could you list main symptoms and how it is dx'd briefly. Thanks. Anne Cromwell
  8. caroleye

caroleye New Member

It should show up on this new machine, as it picks up "heat" abnormalities.

Would like to hear more as well.

LIGHT************carole