Alien in my ribcage??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Right underneath my ribcage to the left side I have had this twitching going on for 2 days. It feels just like 7-8 mo. pregnancy kicks. I can't figure there being a large muscle there, it is quite noticable too, and of course I've watched too many psi-fi movies and started to think I had a mouse-size alien growing inside my intestine or something!!

It is very intense twitches and not my imagination. What body parts are in this location that can twitch like this? Also, if it was upper colon, the twitching should be in a larger area than this one very specific location. Ahhh, I'm starting to think psi-fi again!!!

It feels like muscle twitches you can get in the corner of an eye, quite annoying!
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I get those feel like your side is jumping up and down.

Mucsle spasms can aggravate nerves.

sound's like the same thing I get.

Muscle relaxer's sometimes slow it down a bit, I get eye twitches too.

best wishes,

Claudia
  3. twitcher

twitcher New Member

all over my whole body, all day, every day. Most unpleasant feeling. Hence my screen name.
  4. cosmo220

cosmo220 New Member

Darn,
    I have nasty eye twitches and sometimes inside the right side of the stomach area....didn't know twitches were a part of fibro too!! Ahhhhh....so that explains it. Geez, do the symptoms ever end?

You guys are a wealth of information!!
  5. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have them too.

Actually before I got diagnosed, I started getting them first in my broken foot, then in my back, and I didn't think too much of it, just that it was kind of weird.

I remember thinking the same thing, feels like when a baby kicks.

Still get them in the ribs and back, once in a while my upper arms, and rarely my face.

Now that I have been diagnosed with the fibro, I know that this what it is. I'm fortunate I don't have it all the time and it is not really a big problem for me.

Good Luck
    Sue in Ontario
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Muscle relaxants- what do you use? It's getting on my nerves,,,
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I think it bothers me simply because it's a new symptom. The relentless fatigue, aches, tachycardia I'm hopelessly used to, sad, isn't it. I bet I could get used to the twitches eventually,,,LOL!
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I use two different ones, NOT a the same time mind you.:)

I use zanaflex in the morning and Flexeril at night, just because it seem's to help me sleep a bit better.

Zanaflex help's me take a nap a few hours after I take it.

I have tried other muscle relaxer's they din't do anything.

These muscle relaxer's for me anyway, do not stop the twitching, nor do they stop the pain and tightness, they just sort of take the edge off.

Take care,

Claudia
  9. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Yes, I know how tiring it can be, one thing and another. I think we all must be very strong women to go about our lives with all of these symptoms.

I'm real lucky I don't have the twitches as bad as you and some others.

I do find the effexor has settled them down quite a bit.

Take Care of Yourself
    Sue in Ontario