ALJ for arizona

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertbreeze, Apr 28, 2006.

1. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

hi has anyone gone before the admin- law judge in arizona. i was just wondering because i will be going in front of one real soon. i should be recieving my letter shortly. any info will help even from other states if you can give me some advice on what to expect. thanks ren
  2. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I live close to Tucson. I got a lawyer from the Arizona Referral List from The Fibromyalgia Network. I had gone through 2 denials and the 2nd appeal w. the atty. I won. We had the hearing in a small room w/ judge,atty.,my roommate, stenographer, and myself. I got back pay for 1 and 1/2 years. I only get $668. a month and if I did not live with my friend, I don't know how I will get by. My roommate is a 78 yr. old w/ dementia and we help each other to stay out of nursing homes. I will most likely move back to Illinois eventually. My Father, Sister, and Brother live back there. My daughter is married and has 3 girls, but they live in Colorado. My son died 2 yrs. ago from an SUV hitting his bike. And now I no longer work and I am not around people like was when I was well and working. I am pretty much homebound. I bought a 2005 PT Cruiser in July 2005 w/ 9 mi. on it. I am now just hitting 1500 mi. on it. Well good luck to you w/ the ALJ. By the way, my ALJ's name was Peter Braun and he was nice and pleasant.
    Love and Hugs to You,
    AbbeyMae
  3. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Ren:

I live in Apache Junction and my case is in Tuscon. I was denied and have just begun the appeal stage. I am using Allsup for my rep. I would be very interested in how things come out for you as I will get to that stage. I wish you luck.

M J