ALJ Hearing and Time Period for Response

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Aug 22, 2008.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I've had my alj hearing but haven't received an answer; my attorney said it could take up to 60 days.

Has anyone received a response any earlier or has it been 60 days or more?

I know that some of you received an answer at hearing time.

Thank you,

2. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi, Im in the same boat...had my hearing on july 10th.

Havent heard anything yet either.

When was you hearing?

3. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I have been waiting 67 days for a decision. No word yet.
  4. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

5. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Had my hearing June 6th and got my response last Friday and it unfortunately was unfavorable so I'm having to appeal it. I've cried everyday since. I wish all of you favorable verdicts.

6. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

ohhhhhh I feel so sorry for you.

Noone should have to go threw all this and then have to do it again.

Did you have a lawyer?

If so did they tell you why the judge denied you?

Here for you.

7. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Yes, I had a lawyer. A few days after getting the denial I got a very lengthy piece of crap that is so full of holes it's ridiculous. I used to read electric meters for a big utility co. which was very physical but I loved it, lots of climbing in and out of the truck and tons of walking. At the hearing when the judge asked the voc. expert if I could do my previous job with my limitations he said no, but strangely, in the judge's report he says the voc. expert said that I could!!

I've drafted an eight page of rebuttal stuff I'm sending to my lawyer hoping he will take notice of when he appeals. I am crushed needless to say, I'm in a bad marriage and have been hanging by a thread for the past year and the judge cut that thread and I am literally losing it..

I will keep all of you still waiting in my prayers.

8. ziasss

ziasss New Member

8 months. My hearing was in January 2007, I didn't get a response until August. This was after contacting a state senator, and the 800# for social security.

I was denied. Long story/short, the judge didn't have all of my medical records, basically he didn't believe what I told him.

After that decision was appealed, I filed again, myself. That decision was approved. The day it was aproved was the day AFTER the judge had denied me.

I hope you hear something soon. I know how hard it is waiting. Its not fun.