Alkalyzing the body to kill over viruses, candida,mycoplasma etc.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Misdiagnosed, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi People

Just wondering if anyone had heard of this as a treatment for improving digestion related issues.

Went to highly recommend naturopath the other day and one of her main treatment protocols is alkalyzing the body in order to kill of the bacteria, candida etc which thrive in acid states.

She's given me an alkalyzing powder to be mixed with a a few drops of Sanuvis, a german homeopathic mixture, that is added to 750 mls water to be sipped throughout the day. Don't take for 1 hour after every meal as it neutralises your stomach acids. However, highly recommended to have 1-2 hours after foods as it assists pancreatic digestion. She's also given me an alkalyzing diet to follow, with further restrictions because of candida still being present as seen in live blood cell analysis. Though it is greatly improved from the live blood cell analysis I had from another doctor - so my gut is getting better.

Alkalyzing diet generally means avoiding all things containing sugar, wheat of any sort (bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits, pastry and wheat cereals), dairy products and yogurt (except soy ones), coffee or tea, eggs, red meat and chicken, alcohol, peanut butter, fried foods, left-over foods and salt. If anyone wants the list of foods you should eat - just ask and I'll post that too.

I've only been following this for 2 days so I'll have to wait a bit longer before I know.

She's also given me urine testing strips to test the PH of my urine first thing in the morning and in the late afternoon/early evening. Says the PH should be ideally 7.2 - my first test showed 5.5, definitely in the acidic range. She also gave me some other homeopathic remedies based on the fact I tested positive for both candida and viral condition, on a diagnostic machine called a Mora. She has another machine, QXCI, that tests you that takes an hour and a half, supposedly targets organ/system dysfunction/potential disease states. I'm going to have that done in 3 weeks which is when she said I should've started to notice an improvement with the homepathic treatments.

She advised to me to continue with my existing protocol of slippery elm tablests, acidophilus, enzyme supplements taken both with food and without food, Vit C, Vit B complex, Magnesium, Fish Oil and Calcium.

My gut problems have been there for a long time before I was diagnosed with FM. Have pretty much gotten on top of the muscle problems but am still have some digestion issues and fatigue. Know this sounds a bit on the esoteric side - but I'm wiling to give it a go.
    A co-worker who's been seeing her for 10 years, absolutely swears by her success in him avoiding stomach surgery for gut problems.

Regards
    Gill
  2. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

....and willing to try anything. Your diet sounds pretty good. I have belly trouble and Candidiasis BIG Time, as well as the FM and related problems. I am very ill. I have been following the gluten free,sugar free,etc free! diet for less than a week and already have had NO diarrhea since forever! I'd love for you to post the foods you CAN eat, if you don't mind. I see this has to be a Lifestyle change for me, and I'll just go ahead & jump right on in! What does your Nat/p think of "Pau D'Arco" herbal tea? Good Luck and God Bless to your road to good health! Fibromiester p.s. Do take a look at www.curezone.com - "foods that heal" and "foods that kill",etc.
  3. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi Fibromiester

Sorry you're feeling so bad.
    I'll type out foods included in basic alkalyzing diet follwed by list of ant-candida restrictions:

– lots of vegetables (all vegetables alkalyzing)
    – plenty of fruit (avoid strawberries, sour citrus fruits & tomatoes which are too acidic)
    – rice, oats, millet, buckwheat, rye, corn
    – sprouted grains
    – rice or buckwheat pasta
    – herbal teas or Madura tea
    – cold pressed oils, especially olive and flaxseed
    – nuts and seeds, except peanuts
    –nut butters such as almond, hazelnut or brazil nut spread, tahini
    – fish, turkey, young veal, lamb
    – soy milk and other soy products (cheese, yogurt, tofu)
    – ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, fetta cheese, butter
    – honey –NO
    – miso
    – sea salt
    suggestions during transition from acidic to alkaline to make up fresh batches of vegetable soup each and have several bowls.

Anti-Candida Restrictions

– no yeast containing foods
    – no alcohol, fruit juice, soft drink, cordials, dairy milk , soy with malt or sugar
    – no breads, and biscuits with wheat (no oats for first 3 weeks)
    – all fruits forbidden for first 4 weeks. Candida survive with even the smallest amount of sugar. During weeks 5-8 you are allowed small amounts of paw paw, pineapple, banana and kiwifruit.
    – no sugar, artificial sweetners, malt, honey, frustose, lactose.
    – no vinegar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, mayonnaise, tamri, shoyu, worcestershire sauce etc.
    – no butter, magarine, and alll commercial spreads (use avocado or tahini as spreads)
    – no wheat or semolina based pasta
    – no fermented foods including tofu, miso, tempeh
    – avoid peanuts, coconut, old nuts and seeds
    – avoid shellfish, sausage, salami, and preserved meats
    – ALL dairy products are forbidden as they contain milk sugar
    – avoid for the first 3 weeks sweetcorn, sweet potato, potato, beans, squash. You can eat then freely after 3 weeks.
    – avoid all mushroom and fungi

Recommends
    Pau D'Arco tea, red clover and dandelion teas
    – filtered with water w. small squeee lemon juice (this citrus juice is allowed)
    – diluted vegetable juices (no carrot as it contains too much sugar)

When I was blasting severe candida a year ago wholistic GP put me on nilstat (drug) for 3 months
    and grapefruit extract capsules/liquid, garlic capsules, acidophilus, slippery elm tablets (excellent for improving stomach lining), plus a bowel cleanse product that i still take called Herbal FiberBlend - severe bloating was gone in about 4 weeks. I started some of my bad habits again, returned to lots of coffee and daily sweets - now I'm trying to rid the residue.
    Drink lots of peppermint tea if you get bowel spasms.

hope this helps you get out of the slump.
    Let me know how you go
    Good luck
    Gill
  4. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

thanks so much for this great thread. I really believe getting the ph back to where it should be and getting the gut functioning properly again will make us all feel better.

Thanks for posting the list of foods too...Sherry
  5. vloga

vloga New Member

Hi there.

Actually, while the diet sounds good and the supplements are the standard stuff, the stuff about pH is just hooey.

The mouth is always alkaline. If you wanted to increase the alkalinity of the stomach, just get salivating and swallow !

However, the stomach is extremely acidic; which is what it is supposed to be. Merely throwing anything remotely alkaline down it, including industrial chemicals, will have little effect. At best, it would have a neutralising effect. But since the way the stomach works is to break food down is to attack it by acid, all you'd be doing would be to interfere with its natural action and reduce the effectiveness of digestion.

By the way, the diet is one generally recommended by dieticians and hospital consultants for ME and candida infections. However, Gill, you included butter and cheeses in the allowed category, whereas they're dairy products that are in the second category of prohibited foots.

I know because I got put on this diet for 3 months. After a month, I came off it and was really ill immediately. The culprit ? A cheese salad - turns out I was allergic to onions, bread (gluten) and all dairy produce.

Now I try and adhere to the bits of the diet that help, and ignore the rest unless I'm feeling dreadful. If any of you follow it I'm sure that your energy levels will improve, but it can take many months, and you may find that it's not so much a diet as a way of life.

Hope this helps
  6. vloga

vloga New Member

Hi there.

Actually, while the diet sounds good and the supplements are the standard stuff, the stuff about pH is just hooey.

The mouth is always alkaline. If you wanted to increase the alkalinity of the stomach, just get salivating and swallow !

However, the stomach is extremely acidic; which is what it is supposed to be. Merely throwing anything remotely alkaline down it, including industrial chemicals, will have little effect. At best, it would have a neutralising effect. But since the way the stomach works is to break food down is to attack it by acid, all you'd be doing would be to interfere with its natural action and reduce the effectiveness of digestion.

By the way, the diet is one generally recommended by dieticians and hospital consultants for ME and candida infections. However, Gill, you included butter and cheeses in the allowed category, whereas they're dairy products that are in the second category of prohibited foots.

I know because I got put on this diet for 3 months. After a month, I came off it and was really ill immediately. The culprit ? A cheese salad - turns out I was allergic to onions, bread (gluten) and all dairy produce.

Now I try and adhere to the bits of the diet that help, and ignore the rest unless I'm feeling dreadful. If any of you follow it I'm sure that your energy levels will improve, but it can take many months, and you may find that it's not so much a diet as a way of life.

Hope this helps

Vloga
  7. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Dear Gill and others: Just would like to ask a few ?? on anti yeast diet, as many of us i've seen a l,000 different ones

l. what's wrong with reisi mushrooms in herbs or in diet the macrobiotics are very big ont them and they modulate the immune systems i understand about other mush.
    2. what's wrong with squash?? yellow and zuchhini are low carb squashes and butternut and others are hi, btu can be balanced the way a macrobitic counelor told me
    3. What's wrong with fresh shrimp?
    4. As far a fruit.. bananas are hi on glycemic index
    5. Beans peas there are many kinds of beans, the macros are big on adjuki beans, and all having varying carb counts some higher than others
    6. carrots always confused me hi on glyc. index but many anti diets exclude and some don't

thank you Paul Mark in KY

Alkalyzing the body to kill over viruses, candida,mycoplasma etc. 01/17/03 11:25 PM

Hi People

Just wondering if anyone had heard of this as a treatment for improving digestion related issues.

Went to highly recommend naturopath the other day and one of her main treatment protocols is alkalyzing the body in order to kill of the bacteria, candida etc which thrive in acid states.

She's given me an alkalyzing powder to be mixed with a a few drops of Sanuvis, a german homeopathic mixture, that is added to 750 mls water to be sipped throughout the day. Don't take for 1 hour after every meal as it neutralises your stomach acids. However, highly recommended to have 1-2 hours after foods as it assists pancreatic digestion. She's also given me an alkalyzing diet to follow, with further restrictions because of candida still being present as seen in live blood cell analysis. Though it is greatly improved from the live blood cell analysis I had from another doctor - so my gut is getting better.

Alkalyzing diet generally means avoiding all things containing sugar, wheat of any sort (bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits, pastry and wheat cereals), dairy products and yogurt (except soy ones), coffee or tea, eggs, red meat and chicken, alcohol, peanut butter, fried foods, left-over foods and salt. If anyone wants the list of foods you should eat - just ask and I'll post that too.

I've only been following this for 2 days so I'll have to wait a bit longer before I know.

She's also given me urine testing strips to test the PH of my urine first thing in the morning and in the late afternoon/early evening. Says the PH should be ideally 7.2 - my first test showed 5.5, definitely in the acidic range. She also gave me some other homeopathic remedies based on the fact I tested positive for both candida and viral condition, on a diagnostic machine called a Mora. She has another machine, QXCI, that tests you that takes an hour and a half, supposedly targets organ/system dysfunction/potential disease states. I'm going to have that done in 3 weeks which is when she said I should've started to notice an improvement with the homepathic treatments.

She advised to me to continue with my existing protocol of slippery elm tablests, acidophilus, enzyme supplements taken both with food and without food, Vit C, Vit B complex, Magnesium, Fish Oil and Calcium.

My gut problems have been there for a long time before I was diagnosed with FM. Have pretty much gotten on top of the muscle problems but am still have some digestion issues and fatigue. Know this sounds a bit on the esoteric side - but I'm wiling to give it a go.
    A co-worker who's been seeing her for 10 years, absolutely swears by her success in him avoiding stomach surgery for gut problems.

Regards
    Gill

BACK

8. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

SO MUCH for the list of foods, Gill, I'll check it out! Hope we all get better before the 8 weeks! And thanks also to paul mark/KY and vloga ! :)

9. GordonPH

GordonPH New Member

Anyone interested in more information on PH balance.

Please call for information and online interview.

I sue the product myself. When i came off it I developed

Acid. Now back on it and it seems to be on the mend.

One never always knows if a natural product has actually done what it is said to do. But if it clears up then something has worked.

Anyone interested leave contact message on the board

Kind Regards

Gordon.

10. klutzo

klutzo New Member

The body carefully maintains correct acid-alkaline balance, because if it didn't, you'd be dead.
    However, if you still want to pursue this stuff, there is a book that is the "Bible" for those who believe in it, called "Alkalize or Die", available at just about any bookstore.
    KLutzo
  11. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Wouldn't the foods you eat have a bearing on the state of the body though eg. avoid coffee, spicy foods etc.
    If you overloaded with say acidic foods wouldn't the body have a much harder time balancing the ph than if you gave it more of a head start with more alkalyzing foods. Or does what you eat make little difference in terms of alkalinity and acidity, the body will effortlessly take care of it anyway.

Thanks
    Gill
  12. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

There's some very different opinons on this topic!

I suppose the 'proof in the pudding' as they say - what works for one maybe has no effect on another.

Don't know the scientific basis for it but sometimes needing science to prove something first is delaying the implementation of something worthwhile.

I'm not sure, but isn't quantum Physics all about that - energy forces that can't be measured in a scientifc way.
    Processes occuring beyond scientifc provability.

My boyfriend was reading some books about it and that's the impression I got as he chatted on about it sometimes.

Let me know how you go

Regards
    Gill
  13. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

You're certainly a believer; I'm glad it works for you.

I'm going to keep with it for a bit and see how I go.

Regards
    Gill