All artists must see this it is so cool

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Victoria I know you will like this and I don't know if it is software you were inquiring about.

I don;t know how they did this but it is cool-Carla

It is called Drawing a Woman from the Inside Out- enjoy
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

So cool! Also eerie. Spooky. Weird.

3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That was impressive.

Fascinating, actually.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Must be that electronic drawing tablet (blocking on the name of it!)?

Reminds me of what we had to do in anatomy drawing class... but the old fashioned way, with overlays of frosted acetate or tracing paper... it is seriously a great way to understand what you're drawing to know the underlying structures of bone and muscle!

LOL mens' muscle magazines were really great for this class too!

Thanks Carla!

5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

That was interesting to watch! Kind of the long way of going about it... But it reminds me of learning to draw figures back in High School. We would do gesture drawings - capturing the underlying bone structure, like the curve of the spine and the slant of the hips and shoulders, the tilt of the head, etc. in only 10 - 30 seconds. Very scribbly and rough, but a good exercise. If you can get the bone structure right, the rest should fall into place.

We also did clay head sculptures in HS. The teacher made us build skulls and add flesh to them. We had to make entire eyeballs, place them into the sockets, then build the eyelids over them. (even though all this was trimmed out later from the inside.) At the time I thought my teacher was crazy, but now I know she was actually very wise. I learned a lot from her! I can sculpt an eyeball with the best of them now!
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

It was sent to me as a email. I could watch it over and over.

So Victoria-are you saying you subscribe to men's mucsle mags for the "art lessons",lol

4ever- Funny when we are teens, we think the teachers are crazy, it is not until many years later we found out it was us,lol.

Have you posted any more work?

My boss has about 15 large windows that are all bevels, they came out of a old Burger King in town. She installed them in her victorian home and could not use all of the border bevels and gave them to me. So now I have 40 3 x 5 bevels and 26 2 x 3 bevels. I am getting the bug again :)

Thanks for looking-Carla
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

I didn't subscribe, just bought 'as needed' LOL... actually our instructor told us to use them hehe!

Funny story: I belonged to an informal life drawing group about 10 years ago; we'd get together and hire a model on a weekly basis, both nudes and clothed.

My DH, retired from psychology, was training pro boxers, and one had an absolutely gorgeously muscled upper body that would make for great studies...

--but even tho he didn't have a job at the time and needed the money, I could not convince him to pose (in his boxing trunks!) for $10/hour! The reason why? He was too self-conscious! Yet he was on national TV in the ring with no problem!

By the way- that is cool she got those windows! AND gave you what she couldn't use... my problem in life, is not enough energy to do everything I'd like to!

8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanx for the link!

9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am not an artist, but that is really neat to watch. Thanks Carla