All costs for copays RX, doctor visits, therapy...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn_c, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Can be written off on your taxes for a deductable. I just found this out last year, so I am more prepared this year.

Sorry if alot of people know this. If I help at least one person it is worth it. We spend soooo much money because of this DD.

Thanks for reading. Jenn
  2. momblue

momblue New Member

Hello Jenn, and everyone!
    Does anyone know how this works in Canada?
    Thank you!
  3. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

That does itemized deductions. All I have to do is plug my totals for the year in, and it figures it out for me. Just wanted to make sure other people are aware of this deduction as well. Thank you for all of your responses.
  4. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

I manage a tax office every season and also teach a class. And you are correct you can write off medicals expenses. You have to itemize though. On the schedule A is where you itemize that is where you write off mortgage interest real estate taxes sales tax and charity donations. and the medical has to be 7.5% of you adjusted gross income. and you Ins Premiums you pay ARE NOT deductible only your co pays and out of pocket expenses for prescription meds. Not over the counter meds that are not perscribed.

Some insureance premiums maybe deductible. you would need to ck on the IRS website. But rule of thumb is if your get your insurance thru your employer then you cannot write it off.