All day long I thought it was Thursdaycalled repair man

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

My whirlpool is on the fritz, it won't shut off. I have to use the breaker.

I spoke to the Jacuzzi guy yesterday and we agreed on Thur at 10 am.

My power was out last night for several hours so I didn't watch tv. I always watch House on Tues. No tv, don't know what day it is. That is sad,lol.

I got up at 9, fixed my hair and made myself presentable and he didn't show. I called him at noon, no answer.

Finally he calls me around 3 and said he had the appt for Thurs the 12th, me still thinking it is Thurs said I would have to wait until I came back from my trip as I have to work tomorrow. We agreed on the 27th.

My daughter is having her screws put in her mouth on Thurs so I called her just now to see how it went. She is like mom, today is Wed.

A transformer blew 150 ft from my house. Scared the crap out me and the dogs.Since my power was out from sometime after 6 to almost 10 I got ready for my trip by packing, finished folding laundry that finished drying as the power went off.

My plan was to clean my house on Thurs so it will be clean when I come home. Well, now I have a clean house,lol and an extra day. I can't believe I did this. I have been pushing it for a couple weeks now and I guess it has taken it's toll.

So I guess I shall rest tomorrow and play with my furbies, I have ignored them trying to get everything done. Have a great Thurs! Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2006]
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Maybe we just want to get where we are going we are just wishiing it's Thurs. Have a great trip to Germany. Carla
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'm retired I never know the date. Seldom know the day.

Well, time is just a man-made concept anyway.
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

I bought a new watch and my son said, "Mom, you keep buying watches with no numbers on it anymore. Doesn't that get confusing"? "No", I said, "I only need to know the approximate time as I am retired. Not having to know is a luxury now".

That helps take the sting out of forced retirement. I try and look at the bright side.

Love, Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2006]
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I rested up all day yesterday so I could go to a meeting last night that isn't until next Wednesday night! And I went in a downpour!

Marta
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I don't feel so bad. I am retired too and time is usually not an issue unless you are waiting for the repairman and he doesn't show because he isn't suppose to be there that day,lol

Marta- At least you were rested when you drove to your meeting :)

Recently I went to a Dr appt on the wrong day twice- same Dr - Carla
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Dunno, Carla. That may be a record.

Smiling out loud.