All Good Things Must Come To An End

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Well, I had a really good run for a month in remission. I am now in a relapse with a cold sore (even on Acyclovir) but it's finally healing. I've been taking naps and sleeping late. Last night, despite the Guai, I had pain in my right hip and leg. My lymph nodes are swollen and I have a constant headache. I think one of my chronic infections has reared its ugly head. I believe I will discontinue the Acyclovir and switch to the transfer factors. They work so much better and faster.

Even with all this, I do not get as sick as I once did in relapse. There is progress but evidently, I'm not out of the woods yet. At this pace, by the time Willard Scott wishes me a Happy Birthday, I should be about normal :)

Love, Mikie
  2. marilynb

marilynb New Member

Hope your flare doesn't last too long.

Is your birthday coming up? Who is Willard Scott? That name sounds so familar but I can't recall.

What is the transfer factors? I don't think I have seen that on here yet.
  3. 121043

121043 New Member

Mikie sorry you are not feeling well.These relapses are so cruel ,you get lulled into thinking maybe I am better,maybe the DD has left the building. Then it smacks you in the face again and you have to face the reality that you won a battle but not the war.Just remember how to eat an elephant,ONE bite at a time!Thank goodness for the good days! May they be more frequent for all of us.
    Love , Loretta
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

is occasionally on the Today Show- he does weather and wishes people happy 100th birthday....which is what Mikie was alluding to! Sorry you're knocked back a bit, Mikie- hope you are doing better soon. Terri
  5. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Mikie,

So sorry to hear you have a viral infection and have relapsed. It certainly is good news that you don't feel as sick as you used to.

You have done so well on your current protocol. Keep your spirits up and know you are moving in the right direction:)

Feel better soon!

Jennifer
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2006]
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I agree that this disease is a cruel one. The replapses will inevitably come. I guess it is a lesson for us to savour the good days. There also will surely be some of those.

Kathy.
  7. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Mikie, that's got to be frustrating.

Sometimes in reaching our goals it is like "two steps forward, one step back".

Just keep you eyes on the forward momentum and not the temporary backsliding!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2006]
  8. pawprints

pawprints New Member

This too shall pass. Take good care of yourself.

Shana
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope your flare goes away quickly. Keep up your sense of humor.

Love and prayes,
    Terry
  10. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

:(

Love, June
  11. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hello im fibrolady 37 or sharon,
    Ive been really poorly so havent been able to come on the site for a very very long time.
    I just read your post & you have cancer im so sorry for you my dear i will pray for you & yours more than usual.
    You take care & best wishes for the future.
    Fibrolady37.xxxx
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am glad that you are better than you once would have been, but I'm sorry for the downturn.

Hang in there....love your illustration! Slow and steady wins the race.

(-:
    Sue
  13. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I know how frustrating relapses can be. I'm sure you have many things in your toolbox to hit it from a different angle. Since you are on Guai, you can't take herbs, right?

It could just be the whole "Springtime" thing that we seem to go through. I think there are things in the air right now that our bodies aren't used to--pollens, molds, etc. Hopefully, your body will adjust and this relapse will pass quickly.

You weren't around any shingles people, were you?? I remember that that flared you up in the past.

You have inspired me to try my transfer factors. I have been taking Acyclovir for 3 months now. I still have a 3 month supply of Acyclovir left. I have high EBV and CMV. I bought transfer factors several months ago, but wanted to do the AV before the TF. Well, I think I'll make the switch! It's a little scary since I've never taken TF's. Any suggestions for a beginner?

Hope your relapse is short-lived!

Katy
  14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Hope that you will feel better soon.I will say some prayers.maybe with spring coming........Hugs,Linda
  15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sorry you are under the waether. That darn hip thing. Mine is on the left and my left arm too, scares me.

It will pass. I am doing so much more at the present. I am even starting to wonder if the flares come and go no matter what, as mine came out of the blue and has gone as fast.

I am laying floors, sheetrocking, able to chat, wow, it is like a new story. Not more than 70% my old self. This has happened many times to me. I am starting to think I get a weird illness that comes on and totally steals my body and mind then goes off to hide.

I HAVE to admit that when I took the CIPRO even though I reacted badly to it, it cleared up the UTI the vertigo and a lot of the pains, even the strings and bumps went down.

Not all gone, but I do start to think IS this all bacterial????

I guess you are doing L-Lysine for the cold sore problems, as you are so knowledgeabale.

Love Anne C
  16. cerise

cerise New Member

Do you think the change in the seasons had any bearing on your relapse?

I know allergy season not only makes my asthma worse, but if I don't want to go down for the count, it's best I stay indoors during the blooming season!

So sorry to hear your news, but your spirit seems well as always. Miss you on the boards (moderator).

And I hope Willard is still around to wish us all a happy 100th!

You know everyone's thoughts and prayers are with you!
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. Finally, this afternoon, the scab came off the cold sore and it feels almost healed. They hardly ever get to the scab stage anymore. This was very unusual. I didn't expect to get so many nice responses and wish I could thank you all individually; I really appreciate your kindness. I'll just answer a couple of questions and thank everyone so very much.

Katy, I suppose it's possible I was around someone with shingles out shopping and had a bad reaction. Otherwise, I suspect allergies. I've been sneezing a lot but do not have a cold. I just got up from a two hour nap. I only nap when I'm sick. The TF's usually provoke a really strong immune reaction in people, but not always. If you cannot take a whole capsule, just sprinkle some of the powder under your tongue and keep increasing it as you can tolerate. It took a month before I was able to take a whole capsule. One person has said that the way to take the TF's is to open the capsules and sprinkle the contents under the tongue. Please let us know how you do on the TF's.

Sharon, I don't have cancer but I do appreciate your prayers.

Yes, I am on the Guai and cannot take herbals. I can always get my hands on some Famvir as the Acyclovir isn't as good and it makes me sick when I'm on it.

Thanks again, my friends. I feel better just knowing y'all care. My prayers and wishes for healing go with all of you.

Love, Mikie
  18. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I thought I'd really missed something...cancer! You have enough going, I believe...take care, Terri
  19. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Maybe it's time to carefully knock out the sals like you did in the begining when you started taking Guai. Since some of the pain is back you don't want to lose ground with the Guai. 400FA x 3 to keep it in your bloodstream like Smiffy does. Maybe doing that and with the help of the TF you can get through this relapse quicker:)
    Take care and God Bless You and Your Family,
    Dee50
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dee, I am sal free almost all the time. I'm not strict about it but when I do expose myself to them, it's usually on purpose.

The CFIDS involves chronic infections and I walk a tightrope trying to keep them under control. I seldom have pain now that the FMS symptoms are so far reversed but if I injure myself or get really sick, I can have some pain. Thanks for your concern. It's really this virus that I'm fighting which has had me so sick. This too shall pass.

Love, Mikie