All I did was ride in the car

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lrning2cope, Jun 18, 2008.

1. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I got the worst flare that i ever had. The day was so beautiful and my daughter did all the driving . We stopped for stretching , a meal and at one store to look around.

Then we went home. That was days ago and I am still getting over it. At first my whole body hurt so much that I was shaking with tears running down my cheeks. It is better now , BUT WILL I EVER GET TO JUST ENJOY A DAY OUT AGAIN ?

All that I wanted to do was enjoy the day . It seems like nothing in my life is ever going to be fun anymore.

2. homesheba

homesheba New Member

it is like we just never know what to expect from this miserable stuff...
    it would be so wonderful to be a normal human being again.
    i hope people truly dont take their health for granted, cause i know i did and wish i didnt waaaay back then...
    if i knew this was the way i was gona be-
    i would have taken better care of myself-
    but then. maybe it really wouldnt have made any difference in the long run.
    ..well hon,
    hopefully the next time all will go alright and you wont suffer for it.
    sometimes it is scary to do anything anymore.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I am sorry

I TOTALLY understand

Riding in the car is THE WORST for me
  4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I am so glad that you (2) responded BEFORE I went to my rheumatologist , because I told him what happened and all he said is that he could think of nothing that would cause me this kind of pain !!!!!!!!

I thought rhem. were supposed to understand fibro .

I am so glad that I know other people have the problem riding in the car.

I asked my rhem What if I ride in the car and this happens again ? He said we would have to adjust my pain meds.

Doctors are so confusing . I don't know if this one is believing me or not . I would switch rhem. but my insurance only covers this one.

5. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

You know, I just think that sometimes the least little thing may trigger a flare...or even nothing at all!

Can you believe I've had anxiety attacks while in the shower just anticipating my work day? I actually didn't THINK I was upset or excited about going to work...just the anticipation. Those of us who have this dd will probably never understand why our bodies turn on us as they do. We can always wonder and wonder we will!

Hang is there and just try to rest when these monsters come along. "And this too shall pass."