ALL IN HURRICANE"S PATH PLEASE CHECK IN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leenerbups, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

All of you who live in the Hurricane's path please check in and let us know if you are safe when you can.

I think Shirl is right where it was hot hard, so please let us know your safe.

Thank you!
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I think Shirl lives in Ponchatoula, which is just northeast of Lake Ponchartrain. I looked up the elevation for this area, and apparently Tangipahoa Parish is at approximately 23 feet above sea level, although I don't know if that includes Ponchatoula. 23 feet above beats 6 feet below, but this is a very dangerous storm, and I would also like to hear that everyone is okay when that is possible.

Prayers out for those on the Gulf Coast...
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For quite some time. People have either left or are taking preventive measures right now and are most likely very busy. It will be weeks before services are restored in the worst hit areas.

About all we can do is pray and those in the storm will let us know they are OK as they are able. If we don't hear from them for a while, it doesn't mean they aren't OK.

Love, Mikie
  4. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

May God keep all of you safe.

~Michele
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I live in what's commonly refered to as Tornado Alley, but a tornado cuts a small path of destruction, as compared to this devastating hurricane...

All we can do is pray for the millions affected, and it will be millions before it's over. I agree with Mikie, we shouldn't expect to hear from anyone there any time soon, but it doesn't mean they didn't get out in time.

I'm sure Shirl and others in the Gulf know we are thinking of them & praying for their safety. And they will fill us in on how they are doing when they possibly can.

I think there are a lot of prayers going up tonight, from this group. Let's keep thinking positive for all our friends here who are in or near the storm...

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I think Shirl lives in that area and if memory serves, her husband works with the oil in the gulf.

abbylee
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But the storm is passing to the east of her and she is on higher ground than in N.O. She e-mailed Nanna and me and let us know she was OK and is not alone. She will be hunkering down. I am sure power will be out for quite some time.

God bless all affected by this monster of a storm.

Love, Mikie