All is Lost

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Jul 8, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I havent posted in quite a few days, not because of a flare, but because of life circumstances.

On Tuesday June 30th , my car was totalled and since I have only collision, I no longer have a car. On Saturday July 4th, I was evicted for late payment (four days late), seriously, that is no lie. I was 4 days late and since I didnt call to make payment arrangements, I was evicted. I was given until July 9th to move. I have no savings.

This is the lowest point in my life. Fortunately, my sister offered to take me in. I called my doc and explained the circumstances at which point he prescribed Ativan, which is an anti-anxiety med.

I just moved a few months ago and to move again was a nightmare. I am hoping and praying there is no flareup. Please send your prayers my way. It will be greatly appreciated.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

praying and sending hugs....wish I could do more
  3. lynncats

lynncats New Member

All is not lost...but boy your story is so tragic. One thing I can tell you is that thank goodness for sisters, without mine I would be lsot. They always have thher ears open for me. Keep your chin up, and believe in yourself. Trust me, I'm not in the situation you are in, but it makes me just never know. But know that you are not alone, thansk to your sister and all of us here on this board, WE CARE!!!!

4. hangten52

hangten52 New Member

When it rains, it pours. Seriously tho, the law requires you be given 30 days notice before you can be evicted. Been there, done that. Do you lease from a company or private owner? Perhaps if it's a private owner, they are not aware of your rights as a tenant. You can look up your particular state's laws on eviction by typing in name of your state and eviction process and it should bring up a process that has to be followed.

Someone tried to evict me without going through the court system. I live in Maryland and took them to court (yes, I reversed the process and took them to small claims court) and (for my state, not sure about yours) was awarded 3x's my month rent. Even tho I moved out, judge told me I didn't really have to-that he could force the landlord (private landlord) to allow me to move back in. Even tho you moved elsewhere, you should be reimbursed your security deposit, moving expenses (truck, gas), storage facilities and any other expenses you incurred due to being put out up to a certain amount.

Hope things work out for you.

god bless,
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

Not sure where you live but I thought it was illegal now to do thta 30 days is norm.

So sorry you had to move before you could contact someone-boo on that landlord. Glad u could move in with sis especially after losing car too.

Prayers your way and maybe this will be a blessing in disguise.
  6. or at least one that caused the judge to look up the laws herself, and, yes, the "norm" is 30 days, but, even in Connecticut the law is TEN (10) days, mandatory notice... so, by any state (it would appear- even on a month-to-month lease type deal) your landlord CANNOT make you leave by the 9th,.

So, even though a few states, or just one, whatever it is (you should be able to find landlord tenant laws online, for any/all states, including whichever type of 'contract' or agreement you have/had with this landlord)... They KNOW they can't push you out that fast, and with you being ill... I would THINK, might garner SOME da**ed leniency. (whatever happened to doing the right thing.... just BECAUSE- compassion, etc!?)..

Regardless of the relationship, past occurrences etc.. you're entitled to some period of time "Notice"... to leave the premises... Please spare yourself the mental, physical, & emotional stress if possible, & check into your states laws on eviction... & try to get at least some more time, if nothing else..

Take care, so sorry.
  7. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

i know someone who had a tenant they couldnt force out who didnt pay rent for months. there are laws protecting the tenants even in cases they are wrong (which i know you arent) i would definitely do as the others have said and check into the state laws in your state about this!
  8. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I do wish I could do more but I know God will help you get through this difficult times.
    Sending love your way