All kinds of unexplained symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrltlttr1, Jun 14, 2011.

1. scrltlttr1

scrltlttr1 New Member

Since I have been diagnosed with fibro, CFS and IBS in 2007, I have had some mysterious illnesses that can not be explained, but I don't know if they are just manifestations of the fibro or what. In 2008 I went through a bout where I felt dizzy like I was going to pass out a lot. In 2009 I had balance issues, and also experienced some serious gas pains (my gastroenterologist prescribed Myrilax which has for the most part solved the problem). And I have experienced such intense pain in my left shoulder I just wanted to die. I have not been able to turn my head from side to side for a few months now. My vision and hearing have diminished. All I want to do is sleep (I sleep about 12 hours a night). I have experience a situation where I would go somewhere, and then when I got there I looked around and didn't know where I was or how I got there. And just last weekend I experienced some severe stabbing pain in the area between my groin and my hip (doc ordered an ultrasound, but I know they won't find anything). I take Lyrica, which makes life truly bearable, but my overall health has gone completely down the tubes. Has anyone else had these problems?
  2. Jittle

Jittle Member

I just had a really bad bout of dizziness, but not sure if it was from FM or flying. It lasted two weeks. It felt like I was drunk. I also had horrible gas pains for years now: After years of otc pills, precription meds, tests and doctors appointments that did not help I have dianogised myself as gluten intolerant, and since I stopped eating alot of bread that pains have gone away.
    I too also have that feeling when you go somewhere and you dont know where you are. The sad part is it happens to me in my own living room: I dont recognize it and it seems weird to me. It happened last week at my moms house to.

Glad to hear the lyrica helps. I tried it but it made me sick. I take cymbalta. It helps with a lot of the pain in my upper back and shoulders. They advertise cymbalta to help with lower back pain and knee pain, but it doesn't help with mine.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

What kind of doctor are you seeing? I am not a doctor but it sounds like you need to get some referrals from you PCP, if you have not already done that.

Good luck.

4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The actual causative infections responsible for your FM, CFS and IBS may be Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme), Babesia and maybe bartonella.

Your symptoms fit.

Here is some info for you to open minded....MANY people here have discovered they have lyme and related coinfections.

First one is good basic info and a good symptom list:

This one has a great symptom list on p 9-11 and info about coinfection symptoms on pages about babesia and bartonella too....
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

In this article, the Dr states,"Anyone with chronic illness and especially those with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia need to consider Lyme disease as the cause."