All Lymies

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by wld285, Mar 3, 2008.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hi,
    Just curious how often your doc re-tests you, and if any of you have had IV therapy.

Thanks,
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2008]
  2. wld285

wld285 New Member

3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I've had one Quest NK cell count and one CD-57 count. Both low. My endocrinologist, pellet doc, FM doc and LLMD all redo labs every 12 weeks for hormones.

Other than that my LLMD does not see any reason to spend money on another IGX WB test. He doesn't see any direct correlation between bacteria loads going down and treatment to test results.

My LLMD goes by symptoms and that old fashioned thing called patient feedback. What about just treating you until you feel better?

I'd think you'd wiser to spend money on the Igx Eastern coinfection panel if you have good insurance. Quest or Labcorp tests for coinfections are just as poor as the WB.
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

In what respect is the WB (Western Blot) as negative for
    Co-infection test as Quest and Labcorp? I'm not familiar
    with the meaning of the statement.

Thanks,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2008]
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Do you mean retest for lyme? Another western blot? My doctor does not retest the lyme with another Igenex.

He does retest the CD 57, thyroid, candida, liver and a few other things every few months.

I've never had abx IV therapy, I just do oral abx which have been a big help. I did do IV chelation for heavy metals though.

dar
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

How is it that your Doctor decided to do a Mercury Chelation

on you. Where you tested for "heavy metals"? Was the mercury

elevation a result of dental fillings? You look to have a

very nice family whom I suspect are most supportive of you.

Thanks,
    MRDAD
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Yes, my doctor tested me for heavy metals and then I had my fillings removed by a wholistic dentist. Then I chelated the metals.

Thank you for the compliment on my family! Yes they are very supportive and that helps tremendously.

dar
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

my son's LLMD tested him of course for Lyme and everything else, about $3,000 worth.... and suggested retesting a 2nd time 6 months later as often other infections will show up after being on abx for a while.

It was up to us, and we did for the above reason plus the fact he was filing for SSI. Nothing ever showed positive but Lyme, but it showed positive on CDC's 5 bands both times. However, it became obvious with treatment response that he also has had bartonella and babesia.

His LLMD, one of the top docs, doesn't feel the CD57 is very helpful, but does have him tested every 3-6 months on liver enzymes and general CBC, frequency determined by what abx he's taking and how often.

We've not had him retested for infections since that 2nd time however; and it will be 3 years this May since the first test.

While it was recommended, he's never done IV abx, just variety of orals plus of course flagyl (as importantly!) for the cyst-form.