All my body wants to do is sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Mar 24, 2007.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I go through phases like this, and all I do is sleep. Its not good sleep, or I would wake up feeling better. I know I need to rest sometimes, but I can not get anything done. It's like I take a nap, and wake up thinking that, ok I am ready to do some housework, then I get sleepy again. I do feel lucky that I am going to sleep, because I have had it where I just dont get much sleep at all. The fibro pain is still there no matter how much I sleep.

Then on top of that, its causeing my blood sugars to go a little crazy. Especially when I fall asleep just after I eat.

Anyone have this happen?
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

oh yeah, I can relate to that.
    check out my posts about sleep from the last 30 mins.
    Just do a search under my name.
    delia
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

It is weird to hear of someone else having the same problem.
    I am really scared because I looked up brain tumor (my grandfather died of brain tumor) but I have all of the symptoms. I understand what you mean about not sleeping and also about sleping too much. Since tuesday I have been sleeping almost all day. I also haven't been able to eat without vomitting. Ever since I got sick I have been having weird blood sugar's 50-300 and blood pressure's 70/40. I have been having to use my wheelchair for everyting including going to the restroom. I am so lucky to have the hubby I have. Then at one point today I thought I was over this mess wrong! I fell in the dining room, and it is carpet I got major rug burns and now I realized that I must have hit my head hard. Hope you will get to feeling better soon. crispangel Pam
  4. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I'm going thru this right now. But at least this time I can come up with a reason.

I know that whenever I expend any extra energy I'm going to crash ~ and crash hard!! But I've come to the realization that I can't just sit on me bum and do nothing for the rest of my life, you know?

My friend and I spent a day out on the 12th ~ I figured it would be 3 hours tops. We had such a great time (and she's my best friend, so she would stop for me to sit and take rests whenever I needed them ~ probably the only friend who does understand this DD). That 3 hour estimate turned into almost 9 hours. YIKES.

OK, I figured I'd crash a few days, a week and be fine.

What I had no way of knowing was that 2 days later my daughter had a miscarriage ~ that threw me for a loop emotionally, especially since she lives 1,000 miles away.

She was in a bit of denial for the first few days, I was a wreck. Then she started to deal with it and we had a lot of conversations about the baby she lost.

Needless to say the physical exertion followed by a huge emotional exertion has me totalled. I'm glad to have been there for my precious daughter, even if it was long distance. But I have just slept pretty much for 40 hours straight ~ except for potty breaks and trying to put a bit of nutrition into my body.

That said, I have gone thru times where all I can do is sleep w/o a trigger also. My main problem with the marathon sleeps is restless leg ~ guess it's not that hard to figure out. All that inactivity, the muscles have to be screaming to move, right?

These past 2 months, especially have been absolutely miserable for me. I so know what you're talking about. I want my life back.

mar
  5. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I feel that so passionately right now.....It's just damn not fair that we cant go and do the things that we want to do...without sufferinf the consequenses....

I have always been the type of person that has slept a lot but it just has never been good quality sleep...it's still that way now, I hate going to bed every night and I put it off because I know I will wake up the next day to the pain and stiffness every morning, and the crappy sleep I get all night. And when I finally do let myself go to sleep I don't want to get up....

Kelly