ALL NORMAL TESTS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tanu, Jun 2, 2006.

1. tanu

tanu New Member

Has anyone had all tests normal and had something which made them better?
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Probably. It depends on what tests were done and what they were calling 'normal'.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Tanu,
    When my Dr. was in the prociess of diagnosing CFIDS, all the test she gave me were normal, exept the one that showed my "T" cells to be low. I think SFIDS/Fibro are usually diagnosed by a process of elimination, so most, if not all, tests would turn out "normal".

She put me on a protocol of megadoses of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, and that has kept me going for 13 years. What has really helped me lately is acupuncture.

Good luck,
    Terry
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

In another post.And if you are shouldn't you know about all the test and how they come back normal.

May be you could help us understand more about these DD =CFS & FM.

Sue
  5. tanu

tanu New Member

Not all patients have normal tests.Unfortunately those with abnormal tests are the only ones who seem to interest the doctors as they can try some treatment eg antivirals,immune boosters etc.We were never taught anything about CFS in Medical School and never taught to treat a normal result.It is very important to have studies validating the treatment.So it is important for the doctor to know what is he talking about.Certain drugs can have serious consequenses which come up later.I am therefore very skeptic about taking drugs except vitamins etc.Hormones etc i would be very careful as they can supress the production of your own hormones.They seem to benefit less than 5% of the people and we dont know the after effects till you stop them.This is in people with normal results ,not abnoprmal ones.I see people spending thousands of dollars in the hope of getting better with very little or no benefits.Dont stop trying but ask your doctor questions and he should be convincing .Just because the doctor is showing some sympathy does not mean he is an expert on CFS .Some are just trying to make money!Talk to other patientsand see if they benefited.
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I have all normal test as well. The only test that is different is my TSH which seems to fluctuate all over the place. Never has it had the same result even if taken in the same month. Usually the lower end of normal.

My red blood cell count is normal but the size of them are not?

I find neurontin helps me. I also find that i have been put on medication that have made me worse and as soon as I am off them i feel better.

It is a very hard line to cross but when you suffer as much as I do it is worth the side effects to have a somewhat functional day without horrible pain.

I probably would not take as many medications if not for my children. If they give me days where I can be a "mom" then I will take them and face the consequences later.

I hope you find your answers soon:)
    Good luck to you
    Tracy
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

My son was having more problems with fatigue and migrating pain, had very low BP and pulse, had lost weight... while internist said obviously something was wrong, he didn't know what because all the regular testing was within normal ranges... didn't know where to send him.

But after reading so much about Lyme, I got him tested - yes he is positive, has chronic Lyme.

All the stealth pathogens need to be looked at - may not show up on blood tests, sometimes the only way to find out is thru a trial of abx.

Victoria

8. kat-E

kat-E New Member

My test results all come back within normal ranges with the exception of cholesterol which fluctuates up and down.

When I removed sugar and refined foods from my diet years ago I did notice I had more energy. I have done this for periods of a month or two, up to a year, 3-4 times in the last 8 yrs, with similar results. But alas I am a true addict to sugar and have gone back to consuming it.

I feel that Omega-3s help some with the brain fog.

I feel that a good probiotic helps with yeast issues and helps somewhat, along with slight diet modification, with my IBS symptoms.

Cranberry extract helps me with Irritable Bladder symptoms.

I have not found anything that helps with pain issues at all.

I have not found anything that helps with exercise intolerance and post exertional fatigue.

9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was not that long ago that was no test for Rheumatiod arthritis or for MS. Just because they couldn't test it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Try googleing Stealth viruses and you will be amazed. Lynn