All of this sickness from allergies???!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heggas, Aug 9, 2005.

1. heggas

heggas New Member

Okay --- had my doctor visit on Friday and he is sending me to an allergist. He seems to think that all of my illnesses (strep throat, hives, pneumonia, etc), nosebleeds, and fatigue are from untreated allergies. I have never thought of myself as a person with allergies. I don't have a wheez or the sneezes like I think an allergy person looks like. (I know that sounds weird) But I have never thought about being allergic to anything. The doc seems to think that because I have never been treated for allergies that my immune system is shot and thus I'm more susceptable to contracting viruses.

Has anyone ever had this explaination before? I've read up on mold and down feather allergies. The doctor seems to think these are my two major things for now. It seems that allergies could cause some of the symptoms but not all.

Heather
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Most docs would never think of it, they just give you a bunch of drugs and you keep gettng sicker.

I said the exact same as you when my first environmental doc told me the same. Most of my fibro symptoms are directly triggered by MCS and I never had typical hay fever either. Still very allergic to pollens and moulds though. When I was first tested for pollens, it would clear my (used to have) summer depression.

I was shocked, at the results. My first tsting was by a conventional allergist, he on'y found dust w/ his outdated method of scratch testing. I rarely have a skin reaction to anything, so it's all but useless for me. He was savvy enough to know I was chemically sensitive though and that his test just couldn't measure or treat it, so he sent me off to my first env. doc. Bless his heart, he called them Clinical Ecologists, and said it like he had a bad taste in his mouth. He answered me honestly when I asked him if he was skeptical of them, he was, but knew he couldn't help and maybe they could.

My treatment really launched from there and answers, many answers to why I was so sick. They have different, and much more fine tuned ways of testing and of treating w/ sublingual or injectible serums.

jeanne