ALL PET LOVERS...... PLEASE READ....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Francey54, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi my fellow pet lovers:

I have found out that the ASPCA has a special fund drive for our four legged friends who have been caught in the middle of the disasterous hurricane Katrina.

Go to aspca.org and click on: ASPCA Disaster Relief Fund. You can donate on line or you can send a cash donation to:

ASPCA DISASTER RELIEF FUND
    424 East 92nd Street
    New York, New York 10128

Note:
    Make sure you write on the check "Disaster Relief Fund"

Let's give as generously as we can for the care of the lost and/or injured pets that were left behind, those seperated from their owners or those just abandoned to fend for themselves.

I know there are alot of pet lovers at this site. God Bless you for whatever you can do to assist the little ones.

Many hugs,
    Francey
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I was going to ask if anyone knew an organization that was helping with the abandoned pets. And there it was!

You have been so kind and helpful, Francey. Thank you so much.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Let's keep bumping this for the next few days so that all the pet lovers out there can read this and help if they want to.

Thanks.
    Francey

(((((((((((((((bumping)))))))))))
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Tonight on the news I saw a family getting into a bus and their dog wasn't allowed on the bus. I got tears in my eyes.

Another news article in Atlanta was talking about a family that is now here and have enrolled their son in school but he was still sad because he left his cats in the house. He said they even put chairs as high as they could and left a lot of food.

Its not good for me to hear those stories because then I dwell on them. I have to refocus, and realize people's lives are at stake --- but still, it sure makes me sad.

Sandy
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

This whole thing just breaks my heart....

I could not even imagine having to leave my 2 babies behind...I just couldnt...I know some had no choice...But it really tears me up.

Thank you so much for this great info so that we can help.

((Hugs))
    Bluerose
  6. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Oh Sandy, I can so relate. The two stories you told me are heartbreaking. What happen to the dog that couldn't get on the bus?? I hope they didn't just leave him there on the road. Oh my God what horror for people and animals alike.

God Bless you for having a tender heart towards defenseless animals. I am just like you, I cry alot.

Hugs,

Francey

God Bless you too Bluerose and Gigi, your love of animals makes you very special people.

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2005]
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I don't want to seem harsh, but the poor animals can't speak for themselves. I feel sorry for the poor people too, but at least they have a mouth to talk. The animals can't say what they need to.

I can barely stand to watch this, it just breaks my heart so badly. I think if it was a point where I had to leave my cat alone or save myself, I'd stay with my cat. No matter what...

Big hugs,
    Faye
  8. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Faye:

You are not beng harsh, I understand what you mean, but not everyone does. You have to be a die hard pet lover to understand the lengths one would go for their beloved pet.

I as you would stay with my babies, my two doggies are my life. I can not imagine ever leaving them.

So my friends that love animals as much as we at this post do, please donate to the ASPCA if you can.

On behalf of the doggies, cats and other aninamls you would be helping, (since they can't talk), this is what I am sure they would say to you:

"I WOOF you very much for caring, you are PuuuuuuuurFECTLY wonderful and thanks for the carrots!!

God Bless.

Francey
  9. vp

vp New Member

I saw on the news where an older lady was not let on a bus because she wouldn't leave her little dog behind. I think it might have been on A Current Affair, anyway the guy interviewing her had the news helicopter take her and her little dog somewhere safe.

What a lucky little dog, I'm not sure if I could have made such a sacrifice. It still brings tears to my eyes to see the little guy rescued. I hope I'm never faced with that decision. I worried about my dog the whole week I was on vacation, and I left him in good hands with my mom.

Valerie
  10. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I worry about them, too!!

I saw one man, who had waded through the waters in New Orleans with both his dogs, and had had no food or water for several days.

He was in tears that he'd done this to his little animals. But they were just happy to be with their master!! They are so sweet and so loving, and so loyal!!

God bless everyone who is helping with the people AND our furry little friends!!! PG
  11. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I just couldn't leave my fuzzy children behind. I would stay and starve with them if we couldn't get out together.

My DH doesn't understand this total love and devotion to the dogs. I love them unconditionally and they love me the same way.

He took the dogs out last weekend and then couldn't find my golden, Rey. We live in the country on a well travelled road and we are in the middle of harvest so there are trucks barreling down the road and going way to fast.

I heard him calling Rey so I went out. He said he couldn't find him. I told him to check in the drainage ditch because he likes to go down there and play in the water/mud.

I heard the neighbors little dog bark, they live down the road about 50 yards and across the road. I went that way and Rey ran out into the road to come to me. I was in the middle of the road, too.

If one of us would have been hit, we both would of. My DH was all over me for putting myself in harms way and I told him I would do it for him, and I would do it for the dogs!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  12. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

the funds to the animals. I have a Madame Alexander doll called "Raining Cats and Dogs" and I thought it would be appropriate to sell her and give the funds to the animals. When I list it, I'll post if that is okay in case there are any doll collectors out here that want to bid and have their money go to the animals.
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I wanted the money to go directly to this fund. Hope it does as I did it online.

We also regularly donate to a local animal shelter that does not put the cats or dogs to sleep. They give them vet care and then put them up for adoption.
    This is sort of our pet (no pun) charity. It's called Second Chance Animal Shelter and it is in Powhatan, VA. You can Google that if you want to see what it looks like.

Hope everyone has a low pain day and a nice Labor Day weekend. :)

Big Hugs,
    Faye
  14. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Friends:

It is so good to see you all express your love for animals. I just love reading your stories even if some of them are sad. It is quite obvious that we are totally 100% dedicated to our pets and love them as unconditionally as they do us.

I was watching NBC News with Brian Williams a little while ago and my heart broke as I saw a black dog standing in the "fearful"" position on a highway in New Orleans. He was terrified to death. A NBC news reporter tried to get near to give it water and he barked at him in fear. I cringed, cried and prayed that someone would pick him up and take him to safety.

Much love and hugs,
    Francey

15. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

((((((bumping for Pet Lovers to read and/if have other ideas on how to help the furry ones))))))))))))))))))))))))
  16. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

I, too, am worried sick about the animals. Makes me want to go down there myself with a flatbottom boat and try to get the little babies, but that would mean leaving my boston terrier alone. I could not put her in that danger. It is so heartening to know that so many others feel as I do about animals. They are a precious gift from God and I know that my heaven will have animals when I get there.

Bless you all,

Connie
  17. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I just wanted to mention that my husband said he heard/saw that the ASPCA did get over 300 dogs and sent them to Texas. So the money is going to help them now.

That made me feel really good and if I get in a really generous mood this weekend I may donate again to the ASPCA. I don't feel at all guilty that I'm giving more donations to the ASPCA than I am to the people. If I have the money, I'm giving it.

Really made me feel good to know that already some animals were being rescued. Yes!!!!

Let keep this bumped so other animal lovers who have a little extra money can donate.

Love,
    Faye
  18. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I am sooooooooooo happy to hear that the ASPCA has saved some 300 hundred animals and have sent them to Texas. That is great work !!! I hope they got to that terrified black dog that I saw on the news.

I also heard that some other organization had received about 1000 calls from pet owners asking rescuers to go to their homes and get their pets. The sad thing is these people left them in their basements, garages and attics! I can't imagine how any of them could have survived the ravages of the rising waters. I just can't see people leaving their pets like that. To me and I believe the law also, that is animal cruelty.

Let's keep bumping, I am sure more of you have stories or ideas to help.

Francey

19. Musica

Musica New Member

but I did donate to the ASPCA. There was a glitch on the website, but I called and donated. It was so much more difficult for the animals, and they aren't just animals - they were peoples' pets. And if they mean as much to their owners as they do to us, there are so many heartbroken people who don't even have the comfort of their furbabies. Mine means so much to me, it's so hard to know what I would do in a situation like that. It would absolutely break my heart. It is hard enough just hearing those sad stories. I'm glad they have rescued 300 pets so far, it's good to know our money is helping!

Do you remember that song? Bless the Beasts and the Children. And bless them every one!
  20. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Musica:

I am happy that you too donated to the ASPCA. They are doing their job and I hope to hear more stories in the news about animal rescues. These furbabies as you say were someones pet. If they will ever be reunited with all of their owners is doubtful, but I am sure with the outreach of love and concern from many people, these loving babies will be adopted into loving homes.

Let's keep this thread alive so many of our other pet lovers at this site can colaborate too.

Many Hugs,
    Francey
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2005]