All school aged mothers.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlrarr, Aug 9, 2006.

1. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Well school is in a few weeks from now. Is anyone freaking out yet? I have 6 kids and I feel like a bus system!! I have to take two of my kids to school at 7:30, then another to school at 8:00. I then have to drive my high school daughter to downtown school (she is homeschooled and has to go get her work). Then come home and wait until the first pickup at 2, than 2:30, 3:00 that go to a autism afternoon program until 5. Lets not forget dinner and bath.

I take so much medicine in the fall and winter. I am so glad I have my husband but he doesnt get home until about 6 in the evening. My home school kids- I have two dont drive yet so all that driving and walking falls on me. I am ok most days but when I get that fatique I just about cant stand it.
    I dont know maybe im getting all worked over nothing but----I HATE SCHOOL TIME!!!
    Ok i feel better now lol....
    Take care
    Melinda
  2. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I'm sure you are more busy than I am having 6 kids. I have two children. My son will be in 5th grade this year. and my daughter will have another year of preschool. It's crazy around here in the mornings. I couldn't imagine getting six kids ready for school. You are now known as Super Mom.
    God bless,
    Angela
  3. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I go through the same hassel every day. I have 5 kids almost same difference. I also carpool 2 other kids. I wouldn't put myself through that stress if I wasn't already driving in that direction. I have to take them to the middle school. The tricky part is when the kids have after school activities I am back and forth and so on. Its bad when one gets detention because then I go back and forth again. I tell the kids detention isn't a good idea. The gas prices are so high. The charter schools are some what of a distance. I don't trust the regular public schools, to many bad things go on. Yes I hate the driving but I do love the couple of hours of peace when they are at school.
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

My son started Monday. That's right, I just have ONE. Last year, elementary school band met at 7:15 a.m. two mornings a week, so DH dropped our son off those two days, but this year, the fifth grade bands practices during school hours, so I have the morning shift every day.

And all the darned forms to fill out! I still haven't finished all of them. Already with the homework last night...ouch! It's a painful transition for our son as well!

My work agreement w/my husband (we work together) is that I'm in the office T/W/Th, with M/F being work-in-home and rest time. But now I can't even sleep late!

My son and I have an agreement that he is in the shower by 8:30 p.m. and bed by 9. Last night I found him out watching 'Dirty Jobs' with my husband until 10. So I made my husband experience the painful ordeal of waking up a child who hasn't slept long enough this morning!
  5. yourtroubl

yourtroubl New Member

I am happy to tell you guys you dont have Fibromyalgia.

You are busy busy mothers; lol. I have only two and only one is active in sports. They are 9 years apart.

I know I have spent the last 10 years shuffling from one sport to another for the 15 year old.

I dont know how you guys do it. I think you would have to be exhausted even if you were not sick. I admire anyone who can handle more than 2. I have a friend with 6 under the age of 15. She does great, but I do admire her I dont see how she does it and keeps sane.
  6. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I know that laziness doesn't exist for us, but that's the only word that I could think of. No, my daycare days and picking and dropping off are over, unless, the kids miss their bus or have special tutoring or a club, etc.

For me, just knowing that afterwork, I'll have to hurry up and cook dinner (on the same energy I used to work 7:30 to 3:30, on borrowed energy), yell and plead with them to do their chores plus do their tons of homework plus study so that they can get into bed at a decent hour, takes every drop of energy that I have.

Thinking of Open Houses and Parent-Teacher conferences is giving me a headache! I'm soooooo tired afterwork.

Yes, I have FMLA to take time off to prepare for these events, but it's without pay, and I cannot afford to go without pay.