ALL: Thank you for condolences

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by findmind, Aug 1, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

There's no way I can answer each of you individually, I cannot "split screen" with webtv.

I want you to know that your stories of your loved pets and your shared grief with me has touched me to the depths of my soul.

I am so numb and exhausted, but I also have this bright shining spot in my heart that holds all of your words closely to me.

I believe we will be reunited with our pets when we die, that we will all be whole and well once again. That comforts me.

I went to feed the dogs last night before I got dinner ready, and automatically got the two bowls onto the counter to get the pasta, rice, chicken and ground beef ready to feed them.

Of course, I fell into tears when I realized I only needed one bowl now. It will take time.

I do feel her spirit, within me; as I believe we are all one. Only the carriage that carries life around looks different; the essence of each of our lives is the same and lives on in each other.

My deepest gratitude to each of you who opened your heart to us in our most terrible time of need.

I do love you all and want to hold and hug each one.

Sincerely,
    findmind
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I must have missed this tragedy of you losing your pet. I am so sorry about everything. I will be thinking of you.

Kriket
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

How is your remaining dog?
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Your name is perfect

Thank you for asking about our younger shepherd (6 y.o.). She is very subdued and lonely, same as we are.

I'm sure she is grieving and missing her big sister. I hope she was a comfort to her buddy and protector as she was passing. I feel pretty sure she was.

She seems to be waiting by patio entrance door, waiting for sis to come home from the "vet-vet", where she has gone so many times during the past 3 weeks.

We have been sleeping on and off all day today, we are so hollowed out and in a pretty bad way. We know it will take time to rest up from the trauma, and we will take it.

Thank you for asking...it was as sweet as your name.

findmind
  5. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am so sorry you lost your beloved pet. It hurts so bad. I hope you will be able to find solace from feeling her spirit with yhou. She was lucky to have family that loved her so much and I am sure you were blessed to have her. Best wishes.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It helped our dog a lot when a neighbor brought her dog in to visit. Have you thought about having some play dates for your younger dog?

Time will be healing for you. I am still not ready to get another dog and actually your doggie died on my dog's anniversary death i realized, so I picture them together, she was an aussie shepherd. I am plucking up courage to volunteer at our local no kill shelter taking dogs for walks when the heat passes.

Peace and love

Anne Cromwell
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

Thanks you for your kind words, petsrme. I started to wash up after dinner and broke into tears because she had always been the one to lick one bowl after dinner! I didn't know what to DO with the bowl.

Anne, what an excellent suggestion; but, I'm sorry to say our dog was traumatized her first year of life. When we got her, she was uncontrollable, but with love and attention and her big sister, she learned some manners and control.

I don't know but one teeny, tiny dog that she will not attack, and I'm not even sure about that, and we cannot get another bigger dog, as we are planning on moving in next 6 mos., and its hard enough finding a place with one dog, much less two.

How kind of you to write again, anne...many hugs!

findmind