All these Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TXFMmom, Aug 26, 2006.

1. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have read the postings on all these terrible insurance disability companies and believe me, I had my problems with mine, and whether it is UNUM, or the Standard, or whatever, might I suggest this.

Mine pulled every illegal, unethical, and down right low down and dirty stunt on me. I had to sell my house, before the creeps finally came around.

The insurance commissioner for my state said that they had set new standards for being low lifes.

I have deteriorated much, much more over the years, and recently, they sent me a communication, nastily reminging me that they could revisit my case at any time.

I sat down and wrote them the MOST DISGUSTING, FUNNY, DEGRADING, AND INSULTING LETTER ONE COULD IMAGINE.

I told them that they could kiss my big fat fanny, stick it up their nose or any other orifice they wouldn't like it up, told them that I hoped they developed shingles on their genitals, that their hair fell out, that they developed erectile dysfunction, and hemorrhoids, and I don't remember what all. I MEAN I LAID IT ON THEM. I also added that I did hope that eventually I could return to Anesthesia, and that I hoped that I could have the good fortune to be able to relearn starting IV's on employees of UNUM, and that surely they wouldn't mind if I knocked off a few while getting over being rusty.

Then, I ASKED THEM FOR ANOTHER COPY OF MY PLAN, AS I HAD MISPLACED MINE, WHICH IS TRUE.

I never mailed it, and never intended to, BUT IT MADE ME FEEL SO DARNED GOOD.

I read it to a friend, who laughed till she wet her pants, and my therapist laughed till he cried.

I MEAN, IT WAS THERAPEUTIC. MY THERAPIST HAD ALWAYS SAID, WRITE THE PERSON OR THING A LETTER, AND IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, YADA, YADA, YADA, BUT IN THIS CASE, DESPITE NEVER INTENDING TO MAIL IT, AND I DIDN'T, IT MADE ME FEEL SO DARNED GOOD, EMPOWERED, AND REFRESHED.

It is somewhat like that old line people use to tell one to get over the fear of speaking in public by imagining that all the people in the audience are sitting there in their underwear and it is quite impossible to be intimidated by people in their underwear.
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What a wonderful idea! I have done that by accident. I have typed several "not very nice but very truthful emails" to my DH but each time I would wait before I hit the send button and each time I'm glad that I did. It helped me so much to just write it. I've done that to reponses to board members also. Just type it get it out and NEVER send it. Very theraputic and no one is mad.

If you've been reading the post, I "am in bed" with the evil one, Unum. I have yet to understand how they can not pay you when doctor after doctor says you can not work. I heard they had record earnings...I wonder why.