All Who Won SSD Lets give others hope to continue fighting.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Sep 20, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Lets let all who are still fighting how we won.

For me it was on FM

Letter from former boss on how I was an excellent assistant.And that it was way out of character for me not to work.She also stated in the letter that I worked 50-60 hrs a week .

Letter from my DH friend who has seen me go downhill .

Letters from my 4 doctors supporting me 100% and my records showed that.Also saw 3 rheumys and had all the trigger points.Had all there letters too.

Hang in there get the proper records from your doctors and you can win. Don't give up.

Hugs
    Sue
  2. Peace7

Peace7 New Member

I belive that I won my case on Depression rather than on CFS.

I was too sick to take care of myself at the time that SS was questioning me.

I heard a lawyer speak to an MS group before I applied.
    He said some things that were helpful such as:

Explain how you feel on your worst day(s).

Be honest about what you can and can't do.

When the form asks if you can cook, don't just put down yes if all you can manage is to put a frozen dinner in the
    microwave.

Explain how you have been forced to make adaptations.
    You make have to think back to before you became sick.

I won on my first try.

Peace,
    Anne
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

4. Des2nee

Des2nee New Member

BUMP

My hearing is on Oct 7 so i can use all the help I can get!
  5. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

I won mine after 3 yrs. Best advise I can give...get a lawyer. I am not sure exactly what I won mine on, whether it was FM, depression (seeing a therapist) or my back being messed up (MRI report). Get all the x-rays you can get, see a therapist..dealing with FM (not having the life you use to), and SEE YOUR DOCTOR. Start physical therapy, swimming therapy, injections into your nasty little fibro bumps (sorry, can't think of the word-fibro fog). I did all of these and couldn't continue because they ALL threw me into a fibro flareup. Document that you have sensory overload (lights, loud noises, confusion). I live in Vermont and luckily the state of Vermont paid for all of this. Go to the ER if the pain is more than you can stand..usually not much can be done but, at least, it is documented.
    Good Luck to All.
    Neeter