Allerg rxn AGAIN! Help solve medicn mystery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I am getting my skin sensitivity again, started about an hour ago, just after I took some Wobenzyme N for the first time.

As of last night, I have started 3 things.

Robaxacet [which I tried before and didn't help much, but I bought some more since I figured I've tried this and it didn't make me sick, so maybe time to try it again to help take even 3% of the pain away]

this morning: Chinese pills containing 60% root of scandent schefflera, and 40% yahusuo. First time with these pills.

later this morning: the Wobenzyme for the first time.

Any ideas as to the culprit??

This skin sensitivity is similar to what I had with the percoset, mind you it is just beginning, don't feel it on all of my body yet, mostly my hands right now.

Hmm...maybe it has to do with the zostrix I put on my arm this morning. I haven't reacted like this to the zostrix on my hands before, but I did put a cream on my hands after washing that I don't normally...hmm..

I guess I will have to stop 2 or 3 of the new things AND the hand cream to solve this.

Any ideas, otherwise? anyone allergic to wobenzyme or this chinese herb? Or robaxacet? I am okay with regular tylenol.

Thanks,
    J.
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

...so I don't think it's the zostrix.

I just researched the Chinese herb i took. Perhaps the corydalis in it, which is similar to the opium poppy, is too close in chemical structure to codeine and oxycodone that I have already reacted to previously!

Here is some info on the other ingredient you guys with headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica or arthralgia might be interested in:

Qi Ye Lian, a Chinese patent made from extract of Schefflera arboricola (qiyelian), contains organic acids that are thought to be responsible for analgesic effects (17). These include fumaric acid, ?-hydroxybutyric acid (GABA), and succinic acid. The herb extract has been reported useful for trigeminal neuralgia and headache, as well as arthralgia and sciatica. The Qi Ye Lian tablet is made from 5 grams of crude herb (reduced to 300 mg extract), using an alcohol precipitated decoction. The dosage is 3-5 tablets each time, three times daily; or, a decoction of up to 30 grams/day may be used.

3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I'd figure out what you feel you should stay on and eliminate the other two. Or eliminate all three and in a few days reintroduce them again, one at a time! I have a problem with this, too.... Since joining this board I've bought several supplements I haven't used before and have to remember to start them several days apart, which is hard when I'm excited to experience the hoped for benefits!
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Jen, I do not know anything about the meds you are dealing with.Please make sure if your symptoms continue U C DR!! You were a GREAT help yesterday -therefore forever,please take care!Good luck! {{{hug}}}}},Lisa