Allergic reaction to IcyHot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Anyone had this happen? This is the only thing that helps my daughter but the other night she had a terrible reaction to it. Her skin was burning so bad and it turned red.

What do you use to help with pain that is an ontiment?
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Is this something you can get at the pharmacy?
  3. simonedb

simonedb Member

could be allergy like due to salicylates in it, maybe related st amands fibro theory

I read in the news a few years ago that a teen girl athlete out east actually died from putting too much of that sort of stuff all over her body after practice, obviously very rare but significant
  4. stoutflier

stoutflier New Member

14 yo son had allergic reaction in about 20 minutes. His skin was very inflamed (red) and severe burning/pain.

Applied generous amount of olive oil with cotton ball, let it sit for 5 mins, then applied some more. Rinsed in shower with water a little colder than room temp by hand then gently with wash cloth and soap. Burning and pain went away immediatly. Redness is still there 30 mins later.

This works without a doubt and is the quickest way to get rid of burning and pain.
  5. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

This happens to me with most pain ointments. The only one that really works for me is Tiger Balm.

6. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

and my daughter. The red, burning skin almost like sunburn. Since then we have found Blue Spring, Super Blue STuff, and for organic, fragrance-free they make Super White Stuff. Neither will burn and they are very reasonable priced, smell good and best of all, THEY WORK!

Soft hugs,
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I use hot and icy roll on, and most of the time a capsacian cream bought online. That one really turns my skin red and burns at times and I have to be careful not to get any on my fingers as I've rubbed my eyes even hours after using it. However, I read that after a time the capsacian cream works better than others......I guess you build up an immunity. Personally, I can stand the burning more than the muscle pain.