Allergic reactions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katco, Sep 12, 2008.

1. katco

katco New Member

Does anyone with fibromyalgia have weird reactions to meds , etc? I have had angiodema, (don't know how to spell it) from amoxicillin and humibid, however they told me I was not allergic to it. Try figuring that one out. A couple of months ago I got stung by a wasp, it hurt really bad, and a couple of minutes later, I felt this rush go through me as if I was paralyzed from my waist up internally, I know it sounds crazy. I went to Er, they said I was fine and sent me on. Ever since then I have been having trouble breathing and have been posting everywhere trying to figure out my own diagnosis. But today, something strange happened. First my lips began to tingle and swell, slightly. This is the fourth time it has happened, but today my forehead started doing the same thing, I scratched it alittle bit, wiped it with cold water and went on about my day. I went and looked in the mirror about an hour later and where my forehead was itching, it had swollen up. The thing is that this is the same spot I was stung in. So is it possible I am having some weird kind of reaction to the sting still 3 months later? I know this sounds crazy, but I am not. And I know a typical doctor will say oh its just a coincidence, yet noone can tell me why I am having breathing problems. Please help! Anyone whom has had a weird reaction, please write back. Thanks
  2. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

I have the same problem with an itching forehead and it is caused by food allergies for me.
  3. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

from vitamin d and vitamin c, magnesium and zinc. Jenn
  4. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

So Sorry ! TRY the regular CLARITIN OTC now, NOT the one with the decongestant. I Live with it by my side, and most people show no side effects, and no drowsiness.

GOOD LUCK ! Peace

PS I am even allergic to Benadryl