Allergic To Codien What To Take

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jul 7, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have not had to take anything for pain except OTC meds but now the body aches to the bone are getting so bad I am going to have to take something.. I am soooooooo allergic to codien (sp) seems all pain meds are of the codien family..
    Wondering if any of you were allergic and if so what do you take for pain.. I have CFS/FM..

My doc gave me a prescription for Darvocet but when I went to get it, the pharm. advised against it since I was allergic to codien or put up a red flag. He did mention Ultram, I think that is what he said .. Is this a pain med, if so anyone tried it..

Tried Lryica and antidepressants but my body is so med sensitive I couldn't take them..

Don't want to take anything but can't suffer.

2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I have found that the only thing I can use for pain now is the fentanyl patches. I am in intense pain if I try taking any of the oral pain killers. I use 25mcgs of the fentanyl and they are supposed to be changed every three days but I will just leave the one on until the pain really starts to bother me again. I have made one last for over two weeks. They are expensive but like I said I make them last longer. I have never tried Ultram so dont know how it would affect me.
    Hope you find something that works for you