ALLERGIC TO CYMBALTA AND LYRICA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carolannwestern, Jul 13, 2009.

1. carolannwestern

carolannwestern New Member

I AM ALLERGIC TO BOTH OF THE MEDS THAT THEY GIVE FOR FIBRO. THEY THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING ME THE NEW PILL SALLENA. BUT THEY ARE AFRAID THAT I WOULD BE ALERGIC TO THAT ALSO. IF I DID GO ON SALLENA THEN I WOULD HAVE TO GO OFF EFFEXOR THAT HAS BEEN WORKING PRETTY GOOD. ANY IDEAS OUT THERE.
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Carolannwestern if the effexor is working for you then I would

stick with that. Everyone is different and you know your body best.

Hope you feel better, Pansy
  3. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

If you do decide to stop the Effexor, PLEASE do so only under the watch of a dr. And, one that knows what he's doing. I had a dr. tell me to stop taking it. Cold turkey! I had to call dr. who then told me to wean myself off of it (she gave me the doses and how to do it).

It took me about 6 months (no exaggeration!) to start feeling "normal". I had withdrawal symptoms of vomitting (first week) and nausea w/diarrhea for the rest of the time. Even ended up with endoscopy/colonoscopy to rule out other possible causes. Someone on the board recommended Benadryl and that really helped.

The reason I was taken off of it is because I had bad reactions (mentally) to Wellbutrin and Prozac which are 2 of the 3 ingredients of Effexor. The prescribing dr. knew that but my next dr. took me off.

Because of this reaction, she will not prescribe me any of these drugs that are now approved for FMS. She says they are a last resort and probably not for me anyways.

Good luck. Just wanted to warn you about stopping Effexor.
  4. carolannwestern

carolannwestern New Member

Thank you all for your comments. I will be staying on effexor. I just get so tired off this DD. Take care everyone.