~~~Allergic to Eggs? Flu Shot News on Fox~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Nov 5, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

For those people in high risk categories for the flu who are allergic to eggs, you can go to your doctor and have a test to see if you will have a reaction to the small amount of albumin (sp?) in the shot. They can actually give you a shot of some kind that isn't the flu vaccine and determine this. Dr. Manny Alverez gave this info today during the news.

If this is something you want and haven't gotten because of this allergy, there is an option.

Hope this helps someone here or someone you may know in your other circles.

Blessings...and don't get the flu!

Sue

(-:

2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

are we with CFS/Fibro supposed to have Flu shots? I was always afraid I would react to them..
    Thanks for the info Sue!
  3. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I've been getting flu shots for years - even before I knew I had this DD. I've read that people who are already sick (us) and have "funny" immune systems (us), will get much sicker if we end up with the flu.

So, if you can tolerate the shot, it's probably best to get it so you run a smaller chance of actually getting the flu.

Just my opinion. I know whenever I get colds now, they always seem to last forever, turning into bronchitis at the end. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I got the flu.

Nancy
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and it's my first since I've had FM. I just didn't want the flu and my doctor is the one that offered it to me. So, I don't know. I guess it's individual like everything else.

I would hate to get the flu with the aches and fatigue that goes along with FM...don't know the answer, but it works for me.

Hope you DON'T get the flu this year; of course, we may have more to consider than this year's strain...the bird flu; I heard they had two more human cases in Southern Asia.

On that happy note (NOT), I'll close. (-:

Sue
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

for anyone who may need to see this...the last go-around! (-: