Allergies 08 not a good year for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schaken, Jun 19, 2008.

1. schaken

schaken New Member

Hi all,

Not a good year for me so far. In May I April I hurt my back, in June had artieral fibrullation (sp) in hospital for 5 days, now I have irritant hand dermatitis. (basically all the years I have been doing home health, have done a number on the palms of my hands)

I cannot even ge water on my hands. I have to wear white cotton glves and then my rubber gloves. I have to wear these even to wash my hair or take a shower.

Has anyone else been through this. Need help. I can't afford to quit work. Major house repairs. My age is also a deterrant to starting a new job. (56)

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2008]
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

While I do not have any answers, I want to bump this so people can give you their feedback.

Maybe the second half of this year will be better.

Take care.

3. schaken

schaken New Member

Trying to get Toga or anyone else that has allergies

4. willas

willas New Member

If your doctor will prescripe it, you might try silvadene. It's usually used primarily in burn patients so most doctors are a bit reluctant to try it, but it's amazing stuff, provides quick relief & promotes fast healing in any kind of wound, even dermatitis.
    Good luck.
  5. schaken

schaken New Member

My hands are slowly healing. Just a couple of breakouts now. Just have to remember to wear gloves, moisture and salve up.

Found out from my Mom that my Dad had this real bad and never really knew what it was. He used to put pertoleum jelly on it and then wrapped himself in saran wrap at night.