Allergies and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

How many think allergies play a big part in their CFS?

I am beginning to think it is a MAJOR contributing factor
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I think allergies are caused by an overwhelmed immune system caused by gut dysbiosis. Things like pasteurized milk proteins are indigestible and make the immune system hypersensitive to other things like cats and pollen. It is really just certain foods that are hard to digest wreaking havoc on the guts and also on the immune system, most of which is located in the guts. The gluten in wheat is another substance that is not only extremely hard to break down and digest, but will actually do damage to the intestinal lining.

What happens is that undigested or partially digested food particles end up in the bloodstream because of the inability of the guts to break the food down and the damage to the intestinal lining making it unable to keep the food particles out of the bloodstream. Then the liver and kidneys also become overwhelmed trying to remove the food particles from the body. Then you get build up of toxins all over because the liver can't keep up. You are also deficient in nutrients because a bad gut can't absorb and assimilate nutrients properly.

I think allergies are more of a byproduct and an indicator of gut dysbiosis rather than a cause of any problems. If you have allergies, then you know you have to straighten out the state of your guts. Meanwhile, avoid all foods that aggravate the allergic response.