Allergies are Killing Me, and Everything Else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 10, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My whine for tonight:

I'm having an allergy flare up. I'm totally dying tonight. The coughing/wheezing, my nose is kind of stuffing, I feel all allergic. I think I'm allergic to the world :(

Then on top of that, I've got the bad lower back arthritis tonight and I'm freezing to death. All day long I've had the fever feeling with the ice cold hands and feet. I feel like a total allergic mess :(

And I am so incredibly sick of the muscle twitches/spasms and muscle cramps that won't release. How are you supposed to even relax for five minutes when your muscles are jumping around or you get a bad cramp?

And let's not forget the lovely feeling of not having slept for a year. I've got the bad fatigue, too.

I just wish I had more good days than bad. I'm always feeling miserable. :(
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Have you given up wheat and dairy?
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've tried all that, it happens regardless. Ever since I moved into this apartment building this year, I'm dying with the allergies. It's a mecca for CFIDS flares. They grow flowers around the building. They clean the building with horrible disinfectants with fumes. They have to spray the building for the giant mutant roaches (We have em in the building. I had a night of them. When they were renovating the apartment above me. And they are breeding in the walls. I'm allergic to them and cough when they are active in the walls at night.) Add all that to the huge stresses of attempting to do anything without help and I am so sick. :( And they just sprayed the building again the other night with something that made my eyes sting and my throat burn. In one way, I wish I lived on a secluded country mountain with clean fresh air and no chemicals. It's just I'd have to be all alone to feel better physically. I am so sick of the isolation to begin with.
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Did you give them up for 3 months? It took me that long to get over the effect of dairy. After giving them both up for a few months, I had no more sinus problems like I had previously had since I was 11. That means no butter or anything dairy at all. I am able to consume butter (but no other dairy except for this whey protein isolate I'm using) again now, but only after fixing my gut to a certain extent. Before, even a little bit of butter would make me sneeze the next day. It aggravates the immune system since the guts can't digest it properly. It's pretty much the same with wheat. It can take months to get it out of your system. If you didn't try it for at least 3 months, I'd try again. It's great not to have allergies anymore.
  5. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

seasonal allergies I have dealt with my whole life I cant stop sneezing my eyes are watery and I am constantly blowing my nose. It happens to me every year but this year seems a bit too early for me. Good luck

6. msSusan

msSusan Member

What natural remedy's work for hayfever? I usually feel more "gunky" when taking Loratadine (generic Claratin) so I'm always looking for alternatives for hayfever relief.

- I've tried Hyland Seasonal Allergy which works sometimes.
    - Bioron Histaminum hydrochloricum works for hives also
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

I am in PA also and my allergies have been the worse they have ever been this year

Usually in August, my allergies are very tame, but this year, miserable

So, I sympathize