Allergies, Sinus or CFS Crashes??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jun 10, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am never sure if I am having a CFS crash or if its allergies/sinus..First of all I start with body aches, chills then the head congestion, ear pressure etc..then the sinus problems a slight headache off balance weird head feelings but no discolored mucus, no watery eyes, nor nasal drip..Then the nausea, flu like feelings , aches and chills but no temp..Temp is sub normal..I feel terrible..

This has been going on since the beginning of my cfs which is now going on 5 years..I have found nothing that helps.I have tried almost everything from Rx, Herbal to OTC..I can not handle the steriods at all, talk about anxious . All my doc knows to do is treat the symptoms

Oh, one thing I haven't tried is nasalcrom , anyone tried that with any results, with head congestion etc..

Those of you with cfs are these some of your symptoms when you crash?

Thanks for your advise...
    greatgran
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

along with that.

For the last year and a half I've had a problem with sinuses. I awake in the morning and immediately can feel it down the back of my throat. Sometimes I take a benedril and it clears up. It can be severe that I postpone brushsing my teeth until it clears up some.

I've read other posts here linking this problem with Fibro.

Have they checked you for fibromyalgia? My temp is very low (always has been), the aches and pains are daily problems and nausea has occured while trying to brush my teeth - that's why I wait.

Don't know that this will help you, but it sounded so familiar.

Nearly a Great-grandmother.

Blessings,
    Janieb

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your input..I am to see a rheumy the 21st of this month..It has taken me 6 months for this appt..I saw a rheumy in the beginning of my disease and he thought ostoarthritis but that was 4 yrs ago.My doc here thinks cfs
    from an epstien barr infection and fibro second..The reason for the rheumy visit is to rule out lupus which I don't think I have..

The rheumy is 2 hrs away and I dread the trip. I suffer with agoraphobia and anxiety..But can make it if I can keep the allergy/sinus thing at bay..

Sorry, you suffer with this..So it goes with fibro and cfs I have read..I had one doc to tell me if I could get rid of sinus and allergies I would be rid of cfs..I have been told a lot of things..Like its all anxiety etc..

Congradulations on almost being a Greatgran they are wonderful but I just can't be with them and do things like I would like..I have two greatgran daughters 20 mo. and 4 yrs.

You said you took bendryl does and antihistimine help with sinus? I haven't tried that..

Thank you for replying..
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

It helps me. About a month ago I was awakened every night by severe migraines on the right side of my head in the area of my temple. So far (knock on wood) the benadryl keeps them away. It also helps with the nauseau.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  5. place

place New Member

Since you don't get drainage, try mucinex, it is over the counter. Also, they have nose spray (arosal) that cleans out your nose manually. You may have a clogged sinus cavity.