Allergy Shots..I really screwed up!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Oct 7, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Well, I can say that I really screwed up on this one. I have been doing my own allergy shots for about 4 months. I just increased my strength as the Dr. mixed new dosages. Well, I was doing 5 cc in each arm one time per week. This new injection was supposed to be .025 in each arm one time per week. In the first arm I injected .25
    I didnt have any neg. reaction, but that really sent me a strong message. I dont trust myself for anything now.
    Jessica
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

Honey ,... it's o.k. ... don't give up on yourself. You are no different then the majority of us. You just need alittle back up plan.

I don't give myself injections, but I might have to in the near future with GH. What I do is to keep a very tight record of what I took and how much and when I took it. It is in a black loose ring notebook that is small enough to fit into my purse. ( Not an evening bag, mind you.. LOL)

This way I don't torment myself on whether I took something and I don't go without medication because of not remembering whether I took it or not.

I have several rx/supplements I take everyday. It is just too much to handle without back up.

I hope you work out a plan for yourself. It's o.k., you are just in the same boat as many of the rest of we CFS/FM'ers.

Take care,

Elsa
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Wow! I'm glad that you didn't have a bad reaction to injecting the wrong amount!!

Glad everything is OK!
    Janet
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

You could have a delayed reaction. If you do, get some help . . expecially if you develop hives or SOB!!
  5. emiltim

emiltim New Member

Are these immunotherapy shots?
    They absolutely REFUSE to let me do my own! When my Dr. mixes new bottles,-they cut the dosage in half for the first shot!! The doc would be held responsible if you had a reaction....Oh, my!
    I am very glad that you didn't have a reaction. Do you keep an epi-pen near?
  6. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Well,
    I had my Epi-pen near, and was re-reading the instructions incase I had to use it! The shots have been called, desenseitization (sp?) shots also.
    The (lack of better word) "silly", part is that I write down the amount and then inject it one arm at a time. So I cant believe I couldnt remember..I guess I just didnt pay attention. We'll see how I do tomorrow.