allergy shots w cfs anyone deal with this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Johnm2, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Johnm2

Johnm2 New Member

I have had Cfs since 1988 . But now it's getting worse as some of my allergies have become dominant. Has anyone tried immune booster shots. I've noticed my body getting weaker each year . Figure it's a good last shot . John
  2. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hi John, I posted a query a few months ago, and have since started allergy shots (about 7 weeks). I was getting sick every 1-3 months and missing a few days of work every time. I have severe dust/dust mite allergies. So far (knock on wood) so good. I am a teacher and was able to work through a mild few days of cold and sore throat. I feel very comfortable with my dr., and he had been encouraging me to try this for a few years. Good luck!
  3. spacee

spacee Member

I have heard of ppl going to the fibro/Fatigue Centers and getting the IV's.
    I have only heard good things about them....except they don't cure anything
    but they make life more bearable.

Maybe you are talking about gamma gobluin injections. I believe those
    have been useful to people too.

Spacee

4. commander_twinstick

commander_twinstick New Member

Thanks that's good to know. I noticed a decrease in my immune system . I do not think the cfs is getting worse , it's just the allergies are slowly eating away . I get my first shot @ the end of the month. With me it's dust mites as well as trees. Sore throat - I use Hydrogen peroxide for sore throats . And also will use it in my ears . Doctors will not recommend this. Thanks - John
  5. commander_twinstick

commander_twinstick New Member

Thanks that's good to know. I noticed a decrease in my immune system . I do not think the cfs is getting worse , it's just the allergies are slowly eating away . I get my first shot @ the end of the month. With me it's dust mites as well as trees. Sore throat - I use Hydrogen peroxide for sore throats . And also will use it in my ears . Doctors will not recommend this. Thanks - John
  6. Johnm2

Johnm2 New Member

Yes I take those . Have since 1988 . Been able to work. The "Cfs" clinic in Seattle claimed these shots did not "work" . True for some people, and vice versa . I thought it was strange that the Doctors were so ignorant in such a treatment . That was my first lesson
  7. Johnm2

Johnm2 New Member

Where do you get these two items. Sounds interesting
  8. Johnm2

Johnm2 New Member

I found some today . They had the Resveratrol as well. Will give it a shot how long about until one may see results? John
  9. Johnm2

Johnm2 New Member

I got the Grape seed . You see a lot of food products out there now that advertise Antioxidants. But it's probably not a high enough concentration. I don't know much about human physiology , but I know with electronics . If a circuit is oxidized , it will malfunction or not work at all. Will try the 400 mg . Thanks- John