Allergy testing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, May 8, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

Has anybody ever had any improvement with health in allergy testing and then eliminating them from your body.

shazzy
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I recently found out thru thorough testing that I was very allergic to a ton of foods. I noticed right away intestinal improvements, like passing almost no gas. I think my problems have been in the making for literally 20 years, so I think it will take much longer to notice if I feel my FM gets better. I do think I have a little more energy. I've only been doing the diet about 8 weeks. Have lost about 12 lbs. though! Simply eating all fresh foods, no gluten, milk or soy, etc. I used to snack a lot on starches----can't have them now, so I don't snack! I just think of these things as personal poisons now----helps me pass the pizza counter at the mall food court now without getting too depressed!

Good luck if you do this-----I think it takes a while to notice significant changes.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi shazzy,
    Well iwas diagnosed with rhinitus about 5wks ago & boy was i relieved,because it meant my asthma nurse had diax something id had for 7yrs.
    She asked me "Why has no-one picked up on this?"
    I replied "Dont ask me im only the patient"
    Sh put me on a steroid based inhaler aswell as another 1 i take & also put me on anti-histamines.
    5wks later theres an improvement but i have 2 kittens & 2 adult cats & know that im allergic to them.My 9year old daughter has started showing same symptoms as myself,runny nose,coughing & sneezing etc.
    I know allergies are hereditary,as is excsma,Asthma nurse discussed it with me.
    So now sophy is also going on anti-allergy pills,what a pair!
    More on this sharon d(uk)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many food allergies can be prevented by taking good quality probiotics. Probiotics help prevent Leaky Gut Syndrome. LGS is how food particles enter the bloodstream through the intestinal walls. Once the food is recognized by the immune system as foreign particles, it forms an allergic reaction to that food.

Of course, once the horse is out of the barn, it's too late to shut the door, but probiotics will help prevent further allergies. After about the mid-30's, production of good bacteria in the gut declines and we need to supplement it. The Jarro Dophilus sold here is a very good probiotic, the best I have found. I've been on antibiotics for well over a year with no problems in my gut because I supplement with the Jarro Dophilus.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Thanks for your replys.

I read a article a short while back about a woman who was cured of ME/CFS at a private hospital here in the uk on allergy testing.

I have got a appointment at this hospital next week but am getting very worried about the cost of it and to if it will work.

I have not got much money as i live on income support and have no partner. However i do have a little bit of savings that i was going to use for something else i need.

My health is very poor so i cant put a price of health but i will be so upset if i dont feel any better after spending hundreds.

Do you think i am wise in doing this or am i throwing what little money i have down the drain.

Shazzy
  6. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I have had all kinds of allergy tests over the years. If I looked at all of them at the same time, I am sensitive to over 60 foods. I dont know which one of the tests I should believe, since I have had about 5 different types. I have had the vega-testing(3 times with different results), Hair analysis, cytotoxic test, the prick test,Alcat test and another one few weeks ago, which I think is called RAST.

If I eliminated everything, I would have to live on water. Even if you get the allergy tests done you wont really be able to confirm it without doing the elimination diet. In my case I am sensitive to dairy, wheat,soya, millet,tea, coffee, sugar, tomatoes, onions, pepper,chillies ,yeast and so many other foods. I have always eaten wheat and dairy, being a vegetarian. I wish I could make myself eat meat and fish, then it would be easier to have a nutritious and allergy free diet. When I did these diets before, they did make a little bit of a difference, but not enough for me to stick to the diet. Now I think it was because I also had so many other things wrong with me besides this. The most common allergic foods usually are wheat, dairy,sugar, tea, coffee and corn I think. Especially wheat and dairy. You could just try eliminating them for 3 weeks and see if this makes a difference to your health. Also I have found that they are quite expensive.
    Best of luck.

Love
    Satin
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

like many here had positive results to many foods and chemicals.

Still have to avoid lots of food groups including gluten, corn, most nuts, most seafood, and dairy ++++.

Chemical sensitivites covered almost everything in our environment. Was given desensitisation drops for under the tongue.

Found to have candida and gut dysbiosis too. Have had, and continue to have, treatments for that plus a range of natural remedies and supplements.

Still ill but allergic reactions much less severe now, so dealing with these has made a difference.

When intolerant to many foods it's really important to concentrate upon what you CAN eat, approaching it from a negative aspect makes it harder to stick to your diet. Like all aspects of these DDs a positive approach is so important.

I rarely cheat on my diet, it's just not worth it.

Cheers

Tansy

8. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

Just to say thanks for all your tips.

Its really hard to know what to do so i have decided to go to meet the dr and get a estimate on cost and on the treatment itself.

If it is going to be too much then i have no choice but not to do it. I am no where rich, (Wish i was)
    Why does everything have to boil down to money.

Shazzy