allhart des another name?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by indnangel, Sep 14, 2002.

1. indnangel

indnangel New Member

would it be called something else. I am from Alabama and we are behind times...Thanks*
  2. indnangel

indnangel New Member

would it be called something else. I am from Alabama and we are behind times...Thanks*
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Am I missing something here?

Love, Mikie
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Can you explain please, indnangel?

Jaci
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Allhart, do you mean; 'Department of Economic Security' hence; 'DES'? If so, I hope this helps .

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just bumping this so that you can see it.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. indnangel

indnangel New Member

I have looked up the department of economic security and I can't find a listing for it.I was wondering if it could be listed as something else. Maybe department of human services? Thanks for any help.. God Bless
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There was a disease years ago in children of women who used a drug call DES (I think it was dietholstilbesterol, and I'm not sure of the spelling) to prevent miscarriage. It cause the female children of these women to develop cancer of their genitals. There was a big scare back in the 70's and the drug had been removed from the market. Surgery was the only way to save the women's lives and it was very painful and mutilating as I remember.

This may be something completely different, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Love, Mikie
  9. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Hi,
    I saw your post and in the fog I call home I could not make any sense of what the question was, distilbesterol (there are other names of this drug) different companies produced it and sold it under their own names.Was given to mothers from the 1930's until the late 70's.
    Here is a link to a website that may help if you want more info: DESNETWRK@AOL.Com
    There are many sites if you do want more info, I will be more than happy to try to help :)
    Take care
    Denise
  10. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

when she was pregnant with me & my sis, in those days I think it was unknown the effects, born in 60.

Jaci
  11. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Jaci
    Make sure youu let your doctors know about your and your sisters exposure. It is also known now that it can cause immune problems, so I am thinking maybe in some of us this was the trigger for FM/CFS etc? I dont know but it seems to make some sense...
    Hope this helps
    Denise
  12. allhart

allhart New Member

im so so sorry it took me so long to respond my computer wants the day off i think tes it is probley human services apply asap because sometimes it can take awhile to get there website just seach for alabama human services it should give you all the info you need to know agin im sorry it took me so darn long,
    kara

[ advertisement ]