Allsup had my first phone interview sep 8

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Sep 8, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Just going try to give you an update on Allsup. Since this was my first interview with them. They tell you it was about an hour an 15 minutes. The guy was super nice. They send you a questionarre to begin,so you should have your answers to there questions in front of you. It went pretty smooth. All you do is answer questions. Now they will send you some things in the mail to fill out. You call them and they help you with that. So I will know after this next step is complete within 3 to 6 months. If i am denied or not. I am looking to be denied so i am just going to what and be like scarlet and worry about that later.
    They call on one of my bad days.
    Doesnt really matter isnt up to them.
    So we will see. Just wanted to start the process and share it with you.
    So i will keep you posted everytime so you will know what to except and maybe the outlook.
  2. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Hensue:

As I told you in another post, I used Allsup and was very happy with them. I'm sure you will be too.

Good luck.

M J
  3. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Hello everyone, I had my phone interview, got my paper work

done and mailed it in last Friday. I hope and pray that I will be one of the lucky ones and get approved the first time.

Good luck Hensue, Sandie
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

What is all the paperwork they sent you? Also what are your diagnosis? Mine are fms chronic fatigue and high blood pressure. Do you have other things.

This question i need to know and it is none of my business.
    I dont mean to offend anyone.
    They said this is through the local ss here which is like 3 miles up the road from me.
    This is a small town. No one here hardly knows i have this.
    I worked hard and tried to cover it up. Is that going to work against me. Also my Mom was a Judge here which they all know by my Maiden name. She had to put a lot of people in Jail.
    You know what i am saying small town issues. She deserve it.
    Who knows
    Also this is the real question, Everyone that is approved are all of you middle class income or below?
    I am not intruding i just want to know? I have worked hard and paid my dues what i am getting at. Are they more likely to get it based on your total income. Like i said everyone here knows everybody.
    Hope know one is offended by that question? I also know each and everyone of us deserve housewife or working!
    All of you are shooting stars! The support is unreal
    is it granny or grammy cant remember. I think just like you.
    This is South Ga what can I say. We are talking so not open minded. I grew up in Florida not that i dont love this town i do. they just gossip which we did not do. i did not even know existed until i moved here my senior year. My mother brought us up to respect everyone not to gossip. A smile for everyone. Rich or poor you dont know what they went through that day. Most people here are not like that. I cant explain it. They dont think like that, they did not grow up to think out of the box a little. It is just like my best friend. Sorry politics Palin should not be vp and a mother.
    I went what?
    My mother was a judge and had five kids. Nothing like a vp
    She would not have like that judgement. They dont ask men that.
    I probably should not have said that, I am trying to give you examples of people here in a very conservative south.
    Where i respect them and all of the opinions. I do believe we have to be a little more open minded.
    boy did i totally get off task
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

Long day and i think i have been over thinking this which is usually our problem. I know i have ask but where do you live
    buttercakes? What state? Where does Sandie live?
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

Your right another subject another place. Just glad you answered my question. You know you need the money, my husband also has hep c. He is 59 he does manual work. If doesnt work which he is right now last few years have been good. if he doesnt we have no insurance. Our years are sporadic in what he does he can go five years. We can scrape. then we can go five and be ok and more. We are not spring chicks anymore. if i cannot get my meds i would probably commit suicide. There is also this otherside of me. My son is in Afghanistan and i see so much more horrible than me. So almost feel guilty does that make sense. Even though i have to have this to survive.
    Thanks grammy
    Help me put things in perspective
    your probably younger than me and i am calling you grammy
  7. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Hi all,
    I have my phone application with Allsup tomorrow morning at 930a. i already had my phone interview a couple weeks ago and signed all the release forms. Tomorrow is the application interview. Good luck to you Hensue and everyone else going thru the process.

8. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I had so many conversations with ALLSUP but ended up going with a local attorney. They were so wonderful, understanding and supportive to talk to.

I'd bet anytime your concerned or want to know whats going on you can talk to them.

I can't even get in touch with my attorney, by phone or email.

I love your Scarlett idea, I love her, even named my cat after her. I need to practice her; "I won't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow". Thanks for that tip!

Please keep us up to date on your progress. I'm very interested.

I think you made a great choice.

Best of luck to you.

9. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Hensue, Im not offended by your question at all, I often wonder the same thing.

We are the Middle class income.

These are all my issues, Chronic Lyme disease, Fatigue, FM,
    Radiculopathy at C7 & C6 with denervation (nerve is dieing), nerve intrapment in right elbow,DDD in low back,
    Neuropathy in both hands,IBS, anxiety and depression.

Gezzzzz, I hope thats enough!! both of my Docs. are behind me 100%, both have written letters of support for me, as well as 3 of my co workers.(even one of the managers)So I hope and pray it helps.

The paper work was just alot of signing papers, very easy.

Good luck with yours, let us know how it goes, Sandie

P.S. I live in Michigan

[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2008]
  10. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Thanks for your kindness and your support!! Your such a sweet person. I hope this goes well for me. Take care, Sandie
  11. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Good luck to both of you, this is so nerve racking.

I wish the process could go a little faster.

12. hensue

hensue New Member

I told my Doctor I am not worried i am like scarlet. you understand i am from the south with the same kind of southern
    drawl. I said i am like scarlet i will worry about that later.
    I told him that has been my motto since way back,
    He just looks at me and laughs! He is younger very slim kinda looks like a chipmunk and it is one of the smartest men i have ever met. Very happily married! What can i say it is down south. I do have a nephew who is very smart boy that is economist major from FSU he works for the Goverment. Projecting our future job losses boring stuff. His name is Rhett!
  13. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

I had my phone interview this morning with Allsup. It was the application. I was on the phone 1 1/2 hrs. It seemed like forever. Didnt help that i kept forgetting things. And I took the time last night to write everything down. Now I just have to wait for Allsup to send me the application so I can review it and make sure all is correct sign it and send it back to be filed. She also told me it can take approx 4-6 months before I hear anything. Hopefully I hear something sooner. I go see a neurologist next week for my migrains. so that will be more dr's i can add.

Good luck all

14. hensue

hensue New Member

What state are you in? We have backlog imagine that!
    Mine was the day before yours. So hopefully everthing will be good. Did they tell you, you might have to go to one of their docs and phycs?
    Probably have my papers tomorrow so i will fax everything back.
    We will see how well this goes. The guy told me even if it goes to the fourth level. You will have us with you.
    I am like cool!
    Then they can worry about it not me.
    So lets stay posted since we are right in here together ok!
    Gooooood luck everyone
  15. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Hensue I live in TX. I was told the backlog here was not to bad. and no Allsup didnt mention anything to me about seen ss's docs. i am waiting for my paperwork as well. They said once i sign all the paperwork (application) and get it back to Allsup they will submit to SS and it should be about 4-6 months hopefully sooner.

PS who is your claim rep? mine is Janine. and what state are you in.[This Message was Edited on 09/10/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2008]
  16. hensue

hensue New Member

mine is a guy. Name kevin. I am in the state of ga.
    Texas seems to be a good state.
    Thanks celeste
    i will keep you posted
  17. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

Hensue, even though the SS office is in your town, the process goes through the Federal office. People should not be talking about your case. I can't believe anyone would find out your business. I know it's a small town, but this is a Federal thing. It's no one's business what you do.

SS does not decide if you get approved by what your salary was. They only look at what illnesses you have and whether they think you are able to work or not. It doesn't matter if you earned $10,000.00 a year or $100,000.00 a year. They treat everyone the same. They just want to know if you're able to work. I know someone who has a much worse disability than I do, yet I get more pay because I earned more than she did when she was working. They have a system that they go by.

I worked for 40 years, so I was awarded a decent amount. I know someone else who gets more than me, but she was a college professor and I was a secretary. It all depends on how much your earned while you worked.

I think I was awarded benefits because I have Narcolepsy, which has no cure. It will never go away. I also have Fibromyalgia, Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression and Anxiety. My Sleep Doctor wrote a wonderful letter, and my Psychologist wrote a report to them. I also had to see a General Doctor and a Psychologist for testing.

I applied in May, 2007 and was awarded benefits November, 2007. I used Allsup all the way and they were wonderful! I couldn't have asked for a better team.

I wish you luck. I won't say don't worry, because that's all I did. It was hard not to. But hopefully you will win your case!
  18. hensue

hensue New Member

I talked to the guy he said everything is done at local level.
    Now i dont know about actual decision. He said when send this to your local ss. I said this is a small town. he did not sound encouraging to me. He said only 30% get approved the first time. The reason i remember that so well. He said it might well work to your advantage. Some in there might know you. I have not flaunted this fibro. Of course if you look at me you would i am older 54 but look normal.
    I havent to a doctor in about 2 years. I have been to my pain doc. every three mos. The reason i went to the doc this time was to get my blood pressure med and other stuff he wanted do a physical. When you have a husband who is breadwinner he goes first and last couple of years have not been good for him.
    So you can only pay so much and here our insurance. Is almost nada.
    Meds alone are pretty expensive. The generic will not work on me. Sometimes i have adverse affects to the fillings and stuff.
    Anyway hopefully it will work i need to get with my doc.
    Havent talk to my doc sense bloodwork. I ask the guy i said my dr. will write a letter that i am unable to work. What my sympoms are. He said you can do that but you will still have to go to the ss doc and probably a physc. doc.
    I am thinking what.
    Did all of you? They dont want any material before my actual last day of work which in sept 27 will be a year. When i say material i mean when i was diagnosed in 1995 form Emory Clinic he said nothing since you left work so i really did not understand.
    Is he thinking we dont have a chance or what?