Allsup i will be your guinea pig called yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 16, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Go to my pain clinic monday and my internal doc. tuesday.
    I am suppose to run this by my internal doc and see what he says. I have quit work after 20 years. i am 54 i have fibromyalgia like everyone else pain pain pain. High blood pressure. Anxiety! I thought i would keep you up on my progress. Or the lack of, i live in Ga of course she said they have a back log. Imagine that! I havent been going to dr.
    I let my husband go he has had quite a few things wrong with him. I dont go unless i can pay for it.
    He is the breadwinner in the family.
    Anyway anyone want to give me advice go ahead. I have a feeling he is not going to be very open to this idea. He is young. He knows from the past i have been doing ok. if that is what you want to call it. As he told me you will never get over it. I remember him saying it is a condition not a disease.
    i am pretty nervous about it.
    we will see
  2. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I filed using Allsup. I quit work 4/05, and filed 10/05. I was denied, appealed and denied again. I had my hearing before the judge 5/9/08 and won, and was awarded back to my first day off of work. I am 56 now.

Allsup was great, I would recommend them. Also, do yourself a huge favor and buy the book "Nolo's Guide to Social Security Benefits". It is worth the money (look for it on Amazon). It will be your bible. It was recommended by lawyers, and the info in invaluable.

Get copies of all of your medical records and keep them on hand. Sometimes a doctore retires or whatever and it is nice to have them alter down the line. I had mine back from 1982.

Don't give up, make sure you have your doctors support. If you look on one of my pasts posts my doctor wrote a great 5 page letter in support. It is what won my case. Good luck.

M J
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I appreciate the comment about the book. I forgive if i get it i dont something else is planned for me. Not that i wont do everything i can to see that happens. I have never been a big drama queen. Not that i did not hurt. Do you understand what i mean. My ob who is retired knows more than anyone what i have been through.
    Anyway here goes
    Thanks a bunch
  4. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Hensue:

No, I live in Arizona.

M J