Allsup, Inc.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoibonFL, Mar 6, 2007.

1. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

Well I went to their site and took their "test" and received a denial letter from them because I "still work". I work a measley 17 hour a week and they said because I am still employed, my chances of getting disability is diminished greatly and they will not be able to assist me at this time. So it seems to me that this great place only takes on clients with cases that they are assured of winning. Geesh...well if I go below 10 hours a week, I can re-contact them...but "thank you for your interest"...
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am in the same boat hun. That really sucks. I don't know what they expect us to do???
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

"... condition is severe enough that they are unable to perform their past work while earning at least a substantial monetary amount each month. Currently the SGA amount is $900.00 before taxes. Additionally, in this process, it must be concluded that the individual is not capable of doing certain "other work"." .... this is from Disability Secrets (web site ... you have to figure it out how to get to it ;-) )

There is also a page at this site with the states listed to get a free disability evaluation. I do not see ALLSUP listed in association with this (ssite) so I don't know if they are connected or not?

I am not seeing where it says you have be NOT EMPLOYED for a certain number of months? This may be true ... and that could be in there somewhere? There iss a lot of reading there.

I have a hard time reading/absorbing so I have to copy and paste things to myself along the way to remind me of what I have read and where I found it. Gosh I really hate these cognitive problems.

I have to get myself into a poition (financially) so I can survive a period of time at a level that is basically WAY BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL. I think our government has a lot of nerve complaining about "human rights" in other countries when their own tax paying citizens are being treated horribly.

I hope I don't fall off my soapbox (I am really dizzzzzzy today)
  4. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

Thanks Shalala...I agree It doesn't make much sense. We too cannot afford for me to not work as my hubby is on some kind of disability and makes less than 500 a month. It's not as if 17 hours is a lot at 8.50 per hour. Keep hanging in there!!
  5. Ernie5552

Ernie5552 New Member

I am on SSI, and have been for quite some time now, and I can tell you right now, the rules and regulations are so messed up it's terrible. I Do know that you have to be out of work a minimum of 12 months to just be considered for disability benefits. But I think it rather strange that when I applied for disability back around 4 years ago, all I needed was a letter from my doctor, then they, (SSI) had me see a doctor of their choice, and within about 6 months I was approved and began receiving my benefits, so go figure right? Anyway, what really ticks me off is that I suffer from panic attacks, which qualifies as a disability, but everyone who suffers day after day through the excruciating pain of fibro, both physical and emotional, don't qualify as being disabled???????? Give me a break! Why was I approved, while others with fibro and similar conditions that in my opinion are equally debilitating, (if not more so) are denied? My wife has fibro, and I feel she suffers a lot more than I do,,,,,and she doesn't qualify for SSI?? It's ridiculous to say the least. Our government is quick to give financial assistance to other nations though. Maybe one has to move to another country to receive financial aid,,,or come here illegally. Just my thoughts and opinions,,,,, Thanks for reading my post,,,,,

Ernie5552
  6. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

7. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

someone on this site recommended them...why i went to their website
  8. janie056

janie056 New Member

They won my case after about 18mo, on FM and DDD. I was not out of work for over a year and they did everything for me. I did not even have to go to court.
    SO maybe it does differ state to state, not sure, but I couldn't be more happy with their assistance.

Thanks,
    Jane