Allsup Or Attorney For SSDI? Don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KittyCat, Nov 1, 2005.

1. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I am just starting to go through the process. I have not been able to work since the first of this year. I have FMS and Depression/Anxiety disorder. I was wondering if it is better to use Allsup or hire an attorney at this point. I don't feel I am equipped to handle all of this by myself. Have any of you used Allsup? I need suggestions. I am a nervous wreck because I know the majority of folks are denied the first time, and I have been without income for a while, and I'm feeling the pressure.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I'd appreciate your suggestions. I am at a loss.
  3. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Thank you Gigi. That helps a lot. Maybe I'll give Allsup a call and see what they have to say.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

The first time and 2nd. Got an attorney and won with a bench approval.

Most attorneys wont take you unless you have been denied.You also have to have not been able to work for 1 full year or be expected to.

If I had had all the info I had when I won my case I would have won on the first try.

While waiting for my hearing I had 4 Rhummys support my FM in the form of letters.Also my GP listed all my limitations in hers.My shrink also supported me in his letter.My boss also wrote a letter telling them how she watched me suffer and how many times I tried to return to work.

Also had letters from close friends about how Ive changed and also on how they have seen me suffer.

I used a local firm here In RI that only does ssd.

Thats all I know.
    Good Luck To You.
    Sue
  5. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

that my employer handed my case over to when I became disabled. They handled the whole process for me and I won my SS disability benefits the very first try. My diagnosis was the same as yours-FMS and depression. I feel blessed that I prevailed on the first attempt. I don't know, though, if it was necessarily the result of Allsup handling it, or just the severity of my diability at the time.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i would reccomend her, her name is phyllis matyli, whe will fight all the throuh federl court... she is very at getting your case won....

well let me know if you are interested i;ll take the time to get her numver for you....

jodie plac
  7. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi Jodie,

May I have the contact information for the attorney you used in Novato? I am not close to Novato, but that's okay.

Thanks,

KittyCat
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

got his first time out. My friend who is 57 and female took FOUR YEARS to finally get it. She has a lot more physical problems than my brother in law. Maybe nothing to it but I hear it often. They told my brother in law he had to be off work six months and be expected to be off for at least a year. But they had him apply I think at 3 months off work to have the date
    in.

He had a former SSDI judge who is an attorney for patients now and is in Phoenix. She had a lawyer who does these cases but I'm not sure if he does other stuff too or not. She had more than one over the years.
  9. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

hi.

i am using allsup now. i just had my hearing with the alj 3 weeks ago. my lawyer that they sent to represent me, is 99% sure that i won my case. we just have to wait for the letter.

they are really nice people.they will answer all your questions, so that you can understand them. i have concentration problems, and they worked well for me.

my employer hired them for me. i am on ltd. and if i get approved they wont have to pay me as much money. they will deduct my ssd from my current ltd payment.

this whole process is scary. but it is alittle less stressful have someone represent you, and they do all the work.

god bless shmilycsc
  10. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

11. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Im Canadian so I dont know what Allsup is . I used an attorney and am so glad I did. He was amazing and I couldnt have done this on my own. HE sent me for all kinds of exams to support my case . He knew his stuff and the insurance companys wont bully the lawyer like us. I would never do any of this on my own. I ended up with a buy out from my insurance and I was very pleased with the results. Its a long stressful process but dont give up.
    hugs, poodlemum
  12. paige51

paige51 New Member

I'm from nc, but I do not know anyone to help me. I did get an atorney. I'm hopeful that my hearing date will be sometime in January. Please pray for me. The bank is broke.A hope and a prayer is all I have left.

I applied may 2003 and is still waiting. A person I know, went to the doctor in January 2005, received her ssdi payments 6 months later.

Tell me what did I do wrong?

It is all in who you know sometimes.
  13. daylight

daylight New Member

14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

her name is pyllis matyli, office is in larkspur,,, don't have her number on me at the moment but it is in 415 area code you could information. to get the rest of the info.

and don't be surprised that she would call you on a weekend. she is usually very good about returning calls. she has been doing this for over 25 years and is qualified to take it all the way to supreme court if need be. and she knows all of the judges personally which always helps. and she is very compassionate about your financial woes...told her i was on tanf and they made me go to work even though i was disabled but they caught that and siad they could get sued for making do that. but was at wits end and trying to pay the bills so we wouldn't be homeless.
    she is very down to earth and has won other cases on fibro...i only me w/her once in her office tosign papers,,the day of trial hearing...she is faboulus.....

i need to do some paperwork today sometime so i will try to post the number just in case you can't get it for any reason.....

are up in the reconderastrion level or hearing level...?

good luck and rememeber tp call your congressman's office so they can send a form to fill out to give permission on the checking on the progress//it has helped me this go around//////

jodie