Allsup Question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kitteejo, Aug 1, 2008.

1. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Has anyone used Allsup and won or lost their SSDI claim?

I have spoken with them and they sound so positive about winning my case. They claim 97% success rate.

I'd love to hear from anyone that went through them. They also claim that a two year wait is very rare. Can that be? I get the since that they are pushing me into filling incase they may win my case rather than they are confident that I can win. I have not ever filed before so this would be my first attempt.

I'm not worried about their fee but more of going through all the stress only to be let down. I guess I don't want SSDI to tell me that I'm faking all of my symptoms.

I have Depression, CFID and FM. A lot of others have other DX's that I don't have. My CFID is what has made me disabled, at least to me and my doctor.

Before I sign up with Allsup, I would love to hear from anyone with information on their experience with them.

Thanks so much in advance,

PS I have read the FYI file on SSDI
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I haven't used them myself because I haven't applied for SSDI but I have read on here that people were happy with them. Try do a "search" for Allsup...that might bring up some posts for you.

Basically just answering to keep this bumped for you.
  3. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Thanks for the tip on the search and letting me know what a bump was. I was confused about that.

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

but I was intending to use them.

I like their approach.

You may very well be turned down at first. DO NOT take it personally. Who cares if they think you are faking it.

Just keep doing whatever you can to prove your illness.

Just making a comment - please don't be offended.

People who also have depression seem to have the same concern as you - feeling that you will be denied and that they will think poorly of you.

while those who are ill without depression, just get mad.

Just an interesting observation. Try to fight that tendency if you feel that it fits you. It is hard to file and you can't let that stop you. You deserve the benefits since you paid into them.

All the best,

P.S., please refer to my post about SSDI - Social Security Disability Testimonies. I think one person there used Allsup.

5. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Kittiejo:

I used Allsup and was very happy. I filed 10/05 after quiting work 4/05. I was denied twice, and won my case at the judicial level on 5/9/08. I was approved back through 4/05, and then they hold the 5 months so my pay started 10/05.

I live in Arizona, and for my hearing they flew an attorney in from LA. He called me a week before the hearing, and the night before. We met in a conference room an hour before the hearing. Their fee was 25% of the backpay only if they won. My backpay was $37,800 and their fee was $5300 which is the max allowed by law. It was worth it!

The thing I liked about Allsup is that they help you fill out the paperwork. Most of the attorneys I called wanted me to file first, and if I got denied to then call them. I knew that the inital application would follow me through the entire case. If I did not word something correctly or put down something that was important it would have hurt me. I felt better with them helping me fill it out.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

M J
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

I am currently using Allsup. Hopefully I have a positive ending to this journey. I quit working in March 2007 and filed for SSDI with Allsup. I have been denied 2 times and now waiting for a Adm Judge hearing. THis is when I am feeling the most nervous...wondering if I should have an atty at this point. I keep hearing good news from others here so I am trying to leave it in Gods hands...and not worry. Easier said than done.

7. TrishinSpokane

TrishinSpokane New Member

I have been with Allsup from the beginning.

Stopped working full time June 06, worked a few part time jobs from Aug 06-Feb 07.

Allsup filed for my SSDI April/May 07, denied Sept 07, filed for appeal/reconsideration Oct 07 and denied again Jan 08. They appealed it and while waiting for a hearing, out of the blue I received a "Fully Favorable" decision July 08.

It was not a OTR decision either, apparently SSA had an attorney looking through some of the files, and approving those that he feels are good and not wasting any more time for the clients and courts.

I have been very happy with all of my dealings with Allsup. I would not have been able to handle all of the paperwork etc. To much stress and brain fog.

I was approved all the way back to June 06 when I quit working full time. That was Allsup's doing. I remember when we were filling out the paperwork, they were the one who suggested that we use that date versus when I quit working part times jobs.

I have not received my "official" SSA letter nor my back pay, but just knowing that I have finally been approved, has taken some of the stress and chaos off of me. I did receive the approval paperwork from the attorney from SSA stating the "Fully favorable" decision and why I was approved.

I would recommend them any day. Everything was done over the phone, and I spoke with them almost weekly through out the whole ordeal.

I wish you the best of luck
  8. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful for me. I'm so confused as to whether or not to file at all. I have an appointment today to see my doctor and to go over my chart to make sure he has been documenting everything. If he didn't it would kill my case.

I qualify for the unemployment extension and don't know whether to just take that and wait to file SSDI or what.

This is all very stressful as I have heard from others.If I pull the trigger I will use Allsup. They have sent me the forms to sign already so they are waiting on me to do it.

Thanks again,