Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Nov 30, 2008.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Those of you who used ALLSUP, did you still have to see the local SS. field office for a face-to-face interview when you applied, or did ALLSUP apply for you? I have a tendency to look and act happy, and am afraid I might not do well trying to convince the interviewer that I am sick during a face-to-face interview.

2. Malcolm82

Malcolm82 New Member

They handle all the applications by interviewing you over the phone. They fill everything out and submit it to SS. They send you a copy of the application with your interview answers for your approval before sending it in to SS, so if there are any errors they can be corrected. I am in the middle of the process right now and they have been nothing but fantastic to work with. I think the only time you have to actually go in for an interview is after SS has accepted your application, which would be a face to face medical exam. Aside from that, Allsup has you refer all communications from SS to them. I haven't gotten to the exam point yet. By that time, Allsup will make sure SS has all your medical history, doctor's reports, etc. that will support your case. It is alot better than going it alone, plus Allsup doesn't charge any up front administrative fees for gathering your information and filing your application like most attorney's do. They only collect the federally regulated maximum of $5300, I think, from your retroactive benefits when your claim is approved. I'm sure I am not the only one here who can't recommend them highly enough!
  3. meditationlotus

That is good to know. I have heard so many good things about ALLSUP.

How hard is it to get ALLSUP to take your case? Do they need to hear that your doctor told you to stop working?

I have a doctor's appointment in December, and I intend to tell my doctor that working has been impossible and that I am going to apply for disability. I have asked him in the past if he would support me and he said "yes", but I never had the courage to follow through. But I'm facing reality now.

Thanks again.
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I am self employed do I need a letter from the dr stating that I have not been able to work for twelve months consective.
  5. meditationlotus

someone can answer this question.

6. hensue

hensue New Member

i am on the first part of it. Just went for physc exam. What gets me is they dont want anything unless it has been in the last 6months. Or year, i quit my job sept of last year.
    Diagnosed with fibromyalgia 3 different times. About 10 years ago but that doesnt seem to matter. So i will see i am sure i will be denied first time.
    My internist here told me he had no one yet be able to get it with fibro.
    So i will wait and see. Allsup takes care of everything though you have nothing to do as far as talking to ss people.

Thanks hensue

7. meditationlotus

Why don't they want anything beyond that? I believe my disability was established in 2003. I have been afraid of applying because I didn't have health insurance. But I have a positive Tilt Table Test from 2003 to help support my case. That Neurally Mediated Hypotension has not changed since then, so why can't I go back that for.

I sure wouldn't want to repeat that test. THAT WAS TORTURE. Lost my health insurance after that, so couldn't try out the meds that were supposed to help, and couldn't see my doctor very often.

Now I have health insurance, and I'm trying the meds and they are not helping, so it is disability time.

Sorry I'm late in posting, been distracted with other issues.

I appreciate your responses.

Thanks so much.[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/11/2008]