ALLSUP Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Oct 30, 2008.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I know that many of you are happy with ALLSUP.

1) Did you send the results of a Tilt Table Test to ALLSUP? (You can do this according to the 1999 Soc. Sec. ruling that allows the Tilt Table Test as laboratory proof of having CFS.)

2) I have heard that some Attorneys prefer that you have a mental disorder along with CFS. Did ALLSUP take you without a mental disorder?

3) My pain is not that severe. My worst symptoms are the near-faintness which the Tilt Table Test proved, post-exertional malaise and brain fog. Do you think that would good enough for ALLSUP?

In other words, how hard is it to get ALLSUP to take your case?

[This Message was Edited on 10/31/2008]
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I used Allsup and won my case on the first try.

As for your questions I have no idea but you could call Allsup and talk to someone and see if they have heard of that.

Maybe someone else on the board could help as well.
  3. meditationlotus

Monica, when you applied, did you just leave it up to ALLSUP to do all the work?

(I have heard that it is best to send a copy of the CFS 1999 ruling along with your application to social security. I have been doing a lot of reading on how to win, and it is really involved.)

Did you win with the dianosis of CFS, or did you have other illnesses too?

Is it hard to get ALLSUP to accept your case? Are they picky?

4. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Allsup will accept most cases if not all. I do not have CFS but if you contact them I'm sure they would know.

I cannot say enough good things about Allsup. When I applied for SS with Allsup I had chronic migraines, fibro, disc degeneration, chronic myofascial syndrome.

Also, I didn't have any dr's notes saying I was disabled they just used my medical history and it was long especially with the migraines.

Here is the phone number: 1-866-542-6376.

You didn't pay for anything until you win your case. Which helped me a lot. I think it was something like 25% or $5,000 was the max of your back pay.
  5. meditationlotus

I'm a worry wart. I was REALLY encouraged to hear you say that you didn't even have any Dr.s notes stating that you were disabled. WOW!! THAT'S GREAT!!

I have been thinking that I would have to instruct my doctor's on how to correctly write letters to prove my case, etc. and was afraid that would turn them off.

Perhaps ALLSUP makes it easy for them?

I am encouraged.

Oh, and thanks for the phone number.

P.S. Did you have to have a face-to-face interview with the local SSD office?

(I have to go somewhere right now, but will check this thread over the weekend or on Monday. Thanks so much answering me.)

6. meditationlotus

I actually become disabled in 2001, my doctor's notes establish my symptoms at about that time. I had the Tilt Table Test in 2003. I then lost my health insurance.

The Endo that diagnosed me as having CFS and Neurally Mediated Hypotension has been my main doctor since 2001, but I could only afford to see him once or twice per year because of no insurance after 2003.

I now have insurance but he is not on my plan, so still can't afford to see him much. But he has a TON of records on me dating back to 2001.

I am seeing a cardiologist for the NMH, and I think he would cooperate with me applying for disability, but communication with him is difficult, because he is foreign.

HOPEFULLY, my old records will be enough, because my condition HAS NOT CHANGED in all this time.

Thanks SO MUCH for your enouragement.

Did your doctor's have to write a letter stating that you were disabled, or did ALLSUP handle that part of it? I am so glad that they help with the application.

Did you need to have a face-to-face interview with the local SSD field office?

Thanks so much for answering me. I am glad that you won your case so early. Thanks for their recommendation.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2008]