Almost Comatose.....anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

This has slowly crept upon me...there are times I cannot hold my eyes open without using great strength; the other day I fell asleep in the van (my daughter was driving) as I swas trying to stay awake!

My son knows anything beyond the grocery store to watch me like a hawk if my eyelids start falling! a gentle nudge to get me back on focus.

Anyone else have this? CactusLil'
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Narcolepsy and/or Excessive Daytime Sleepiness have crossed my mind. My doc has put me on Provigil 200mg. morning then 200mg. whenever, usually I take the second dose around lunch. I can tell you it is miserable. Next visit I will mention "it". Thank you for answering. CactusLil'
  3. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Yeah, that doesn't sound quite right. There are days that fatigue gets the best of me, but nothing like that! Please have it checked out. Good Luck!

~LISA
  4. mapessd

mapessd New Member

You sound just like me It's like if i sit still to long i'm a goner.. At work at school and its a fight to stay awake.. I have not fallen asleep while im driving but its a chore keeping the ol eyes open. It doesn't make a difference if i have had 2 or 10 hrs of sleep im always like this ..So in a week they are going to do some heart test then in March they are doing a sleep study so i will keep u posted on what they find Good luck and take care
    Sue
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

at work sitting at my desk while talking to someone on the phone. I would drive home at lunchtime to take a nap and fall asleep while waiting for a red light. I had the sleep study done and the only thing they came up with was that I had no non-rem sleep. Now that I'm not working anymore it's not that bad, but there are still days that the fatigue just "hits" me and I have to go lay down.

Dara
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

No. Some days driving in town is no problem, other days I feel I just can't make it.

When I have this little spell, as I am having one now, my arms feel so heavy its as if I can't lift them.

Whilst I am in this traceline state if I go on and allow my eyes to shut I begin to have something akin to a dream! I will actually talk out loud and of course, to the listener, what I say is weird as I am saying something pertinant to the dream I am in.

When I "get over" losing my precious "Monkey-Dog" I will have some fantasy fiction that will be choice! And those of you who have known me for any length of time know what king of rouster I can come up with!

Anyway, I best go get my shower (barf) overwith and prepare for my son's blue and gold banquet. Any info will be helpful. CactusLil'
  7. CindyB

CindyB New Member

Have you had your electrolytes checked?I have chronically low potassium. This makes me unable to drive at times. Also have your bloos pressure checked at the time of the incident. I have dysautomia and FMS.together these can cause episodes of disaster.
  8. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I'm crazy as a loon right now! I shut my eyes to blink and I think I just took a nap! Man! I take provagil but am still at a starter dose as the now govt. designated doc for us SSI-scum is totally unfamiliar with the med. Said all he know was they used it in the local nursing homes to wake the "residents" sufficient not to choke on their meds!

It, day-kelepsy or nar-kelepsy, can sure enough be a dangerous place to be! Lil'
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure miss you around here, never the same when you are not on 'board'!

No, I don't have the problem you mentioned, I always have problems going to sleep. I think I could drive to the moon without blinking an eyelid.

Hope you find out what it is soon, that sounds so dangerous.

You take care, and let us hear from you, I really miss you dear lady.
    As always you and Will are in my prayers and thoughts.

Shalom, Shirl
  10. Dara

Dara New Member

yesterday. I got in the car to run an errand and had to turn around & come back home. My eyes were crossing to the point that I could hardly see and I could not keep them open. I also feel like I'm starting to dream even though I'm not really asleep yet. Someone here said they didn't have this problem, that their problem was not being able to sleep. well, I have both really. At night I usually can't fall asleep, it's during the day that this terrible fatigue just overcomes me. I actually feel like I'm drunk or something and can hardly talk, and I know I don't make any sense when I do talk. I was checked for sleep apnea but not for narcolepsy, but I would have thought they would have found that in the sleep study. Let me know what you find out, OK?

Dara