Almost dead

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by itsbetsy, Oct 10, 2006.

1. itsbetsy

itsbetsy New Member

Once I passed out in a Cracker Barrel while traveling with my daughter when she was only 7. Of course and ambulance came and took me to the local hospital where pink ladies took my daughter to a play room in pediatrics and I was hooked up to an EKG. After awhile the thing started flat lining. I watched the clock tick away 20 whole minutes of that noise before I got up and wandered out to the nurses station where they were all hanging out with a cute doctor and I said "Excuse me...this thing is flat lining and nobody has come to check on me". The response I got was "Oh....it does that sometimes". I should have fallen out on the floor just to shake them up. I went back to my cubicle and took the wires off of me, dressed, got my daughter and waited for a relative to pick me up.
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

So then what?
  3. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'm with mindbender. What happened? Were you alright?
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Are you ok???
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This once happened to me in the Heart Unit at a hospital. I was on a Holter monitor. A doctor came in and said wait a minute, went out to the nurse station. I heard raised voices.

Doctor came back and said he was totally amazed. There were five of us in the Intensive Heart Care unit and none of the monitors were transmiting to the nurse station. They are meant to check them all the time too.

Love Anne