Almost died but now I'm Back

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by pamelakc, Jun 2, 2011.

1. pamelakc

pamelakc New Member

I have not been doing well so I have not been able to get on the internet. Around Christmas I almost died due to 10 bleeding ulcers, I was put in I.C.U. and they had two i.v.'s with blood going through them finally after two and a half weeks in the hospital I got to go home but I have just been in alot of pain. Guess I am done taking Aleve or Ibuprofen. Then I finally found a good dr. who believes in giving pain meds and he also believes in fibro. I forgot how much I enjoy being on here.

Gentle Hugs Pamela
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

A few years ago, my Dad nearly died from bleeding ulcers from taking Excedrin. He lost so much blood and I didnt know if he would survive while he was in the hospital. He did survive, but it was a lesson that over-the-counter meds like aspirin, Excedrin, Aleve, Ibuprofen and more can have really adverse effects if used too often or in excess.

Like my Dad, I'm so glad you survived. Dad doesn't have fibro, but what happened to you and Dad apparently happens more often than we think. I'm very glad you recovered from the bleeding ulcers, but sorry you are dealing with Fibro but that you finally found a good Fibro doctor. Be sure to go on the Fibro Board here and post about your doctor so others know and can use him. Good luck and hugs.
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Pamela, I haven't been here on the board in a long time and I'm going back, reading some of the posts. When I came to yours, boy did it hit home for me. First of all, I am so glad you came out of it and found a good dr.

I have been having problems with anemia; at least thats what the dr calls it. For the last 5 or 6 years, my blood level drops and my dr puts me on Iron med. Then, after a while, I get it checked, and it's back to normal so he tells me I can stop taking them. After reading your story, I think my dr needs to do some further checking. I did have a colonoscopy several years ago and all was fine. I'm wondering if maybe my dr should order an upper GI. Anyway, I'm going to "push" my dr to run more and more tests to find the reason for this problem; not just iron med for a temporary fix. I think I need a permanent FIX.

Thank you for posting your story; even though I was late reading it, I was happy to have found it but most of all, glad you are well.

Take Care!

BlueSky