Almost finished with first week of working full time.............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 16, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

"OH" my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!

I started my new position ( I was promoted ) at work..........I went from 5 hours 4 evenings a week........... to NINE long and grueling hours Mon thru Thur and 6 hours on Fri!!!!!!!!!

Iam so tired and exhausted that I can't see straight........

I now realize working part time or staying home makes dealing with dd so much easier!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can see the stress and tiredness so much in my face!!!!!!!!!

My job itself is not physically demanding .....it is the amount of hours and the drama of the owners of the company that is wearing me out!

There is so much family fighting within the company owners and they suck the employees into it.............Iam just drained!

I hope that I can get used to this and handle it better....Iam going to try my hardest............please keep me in your prayers ..I'd like to keep working if I can.................but I guess if I can't I can't???????????

Thanks for listening
    Doxy
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i would say just keep your head down. you dont have to become a pawn in the company arguments.
    its only your first week and when you feel your feet you will be able to multi task and then pace through the day/week at work as well as at home.
    keep your chin up dox it will all fall into place.
  3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Transition is always difficult, and it just makes it that much harder to deal with the unpleasantness you're subjected to at work. You certainly have my prayers!

I have had similar experiences so I can sympathize!! In the past five years I have had three different jobs ... the first two were small family-owned businesses, I was administrative support at both and loved my work but HATED the family crap!! Seemed like there wasn't a day that went by without drama. It is so exhausting, even when you try to keep your head down and keep quiet!! :)

I only lasted 10 months at the first place and 11 months at the second. I felt like such a "loser" because I was job-hopping and miserable. I finally landed my current job almost 3 years ago and it's much better. There's little if any drama and my boss is understanding about my illness, I'm so lucky in that regards.

It's still hard to work full time though. I'm going to try to stick it out for a couple more years but physically it's very rough at times. I wish I could keep this job but just work part-time but that's not an option for my current position.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I completely understand and am sending you GOOD CYBER-VIBES today!!!!

TGIF!
    Kat
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

The amount of hours per day can make a difference. I work 40 hours a week, but was on a schedule in which I worked 9 hours a day for 8 days, then an 8 hour day; then I had one day off.

Well, it recently was changed back to a 40 hour per week, 8 hour per day, and I'm doing better. For some reason, that extra hour during the day, would drain my energy. The day off didn't help me any, because the fatigue was bad and when I'd rest, it wasn't enough.

So now, I leave work at 3:00 PM and am home by 3:20 and can exercise or rest and have time for myself in the evenings.

I hope you start to feel better soon. hang in there.

Kendra
  5. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

I am in between jobs at the moment...I have accepted a CSR position with a large health firm ..(for the benefits0lol...and am so scared!! I am a single mom with three boys..one who greatlfully lives with his father,and am terrified of starting the 8 to 430 schedule again. mY energy isnt there and I cant sleep for poop!! But I need the benefits..that can I say ...don't we all?? Braidie
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Doxy:
    Do what is best for you. If you can grind out the hours without harming your health: good. If you feel that you are getting sicker, you might want to re-evaluate. I hope you stay well, whatever your decision is.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

What type of work are you doing now?