Almost passed out from severe pain. Scared and shocked.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing as well as possible. I could be doing better. I posted this on the fibro board, and I'm getting some medical suggestions which is great, but I think I could really use some hugs and support from some kind-hearted folks.

As my subject line indicates, I almost passed out last night from severe bladder pain. It's from interstitial cystitis. I've had plenty of pain from fibromyalgia (although better now due to the Guai Protocol), bad menstrual cramps and bladder pain from I/C, but NOTHING this severe. It was pretty unnverving.

I got this horrible wave of nausea, dizziness and lightheadedness because the pain was so severe---I felt like I was floating. Pain meds can make the nausea even worse, but it was time for my next dose, so I took some, desperate to make the pain go away. I felt like I was being stabbed. It eventually got better (thank GOODNESS) and today I'm starting to feel better but have a "nausea hangover".

This morning I called a few docs and luckily got hooked up with a urologist that's new to our city that specializes in I/C (she's booked out for 5 weeks, but at least I get to see her). I haven't had I/C pain in 7 months. It's weird how my I/C can be fine for so long and then all of a sudden---BAM.

Thank you all so much for listening and your support.

Be well everyone and have a great day.

Warm hugs,

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry you had to go through that!! sounds like sever labor pains!,,,i'm glad you know what was causing the pain!,,,,,,Here's Hopeing that it stays away!,,,,,,and maybe the Dr. will get a cancellation and you can get in to see her sooner!,,,,,,,,HUgs!,,,,,,,,Sis
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I can well imagine how unnerving that must have been. It's so shocking when something like this hits by surprise.

I'm so glad you're feeling better today. I hope you're taking it easy and pamering yourself as much as possible.

Here's a warm hug from me!

Take good care of yourself!
  4. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I hope the new dr. will be able to help you so you don't have to go thru that again. It must have been very scary as well.

Take care and try not to do too much.
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

and that you are more "zen" than "ouchy"!

6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Sisland, Mezombie, Monica33flowers, lindyl39, and confusedinPa,

Thank you all SO MUCH for your hugs and support. I really appreciate it. I hope you are all doing well.

Things are looking up today. After posting yesterday, I took a long nap, which felt good. Today I'm still having some pain, but it's considerably more tolerable. Still having latent nausea from the hefty (but still safe) doses of Advil also. I think things are starting to settle down and will just continue to get better.

I'm also comforted to know that I'm going to see a urologist that specializes in I/C. My last urologist didn't know much about I/C, so I feel fortunate that there's a new urologist in our city that specializes in it.

Indeed, I think things are more "zen" today then "ouchy"! Cute, mezombie! Thank you all so much for listening and for your support. It is so appreciated.

Have a great day everyone and feel good.

Love, Erika